Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween: Beers of the Weird!

Options
  • 19-09-2009 3:24am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I considered keeping this all for myself, but in the end my conscience won out so ...

The Noctnurnal Forum has kindly extended an invitation to us to be guests of honour at event, which can only be described as exclusive, elusive, and extremely seducive.

The details as they currently stand are:
    Date: Saturday 31st October

Venue:
    The Sub Lounge

But be sure to check on the Noc thread here for the latest details.

I can guarantee it will be a night of strangeness, spookiness, scariness and succulence.

And for the skeptics among us I have been assured that there will be spirits in attendance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

where's the Sub Lounge?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

back of tara street station.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

aw thats a shame, a paranormal beers would e great but I think everyone has plans to investigate, copulate and sleep late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Grimes wrote: »
    aw thats a shame, a paranormal beers would e great but I think everyone has plans to investigate, copulate and sleep late.

In that order???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I might be up for this.

Gillo, havent seen you since karaoke many moons back (you are still on my youtube page!), would be awesome to have a catch up beer!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

It was stated on twitter that the paranormal forum would probably be willing to host a 'ghosts of christmas' beers seeing as Halloween is so busy for some of ye... :D

Is that going to be made official? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It was stated on twitter that the paranormal forum would probably be willing to host a 'ghosts of christmas' beers seeing as Halloween is so busy for some of ye... :D

Is that going to be made official? :P

Thats actually a great idea. I think we should have a fancy dress ghost of christmas beers in Dec

Grimes wrote: »
    Thats actually a great idea. I think we should have a fancy dress ghost of christmas beers in Dec

I think its an excellent idea and given that there are no sitewide Beers anymore it would be great to have another forum agree to organise something!! :)

Plus -on a selfish note - I can't choose just one fancy dress outfit for Halloween so I'd love the opportunity to wear a second one!! :D

faceman wrote: »
    I might be up for this.

Gillo, havent seen you since karaoke many moons back (you are still on my youtube page!), would be awesome to have a catch up beer!

Considering the response we got was something like "In the nicest way possible please leave", hell yeah I'll try to make it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Gillo wrote: »
    Considering the response we got was something like "In the nicest way possible please leave", hell yeah I'll try to make it.

it was going well for a good while though dude! :D

• Advertisement

How come there's no site wide beers anymore??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gillo wrote: »
    How come there's no site wide beers anymore??

Because they got big and messy and to be policed properly need to be held in a more professional manner as the site is so big so until that happens forums/communities are having their own and policing their own and their members themselves.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The halloween one is a no no for me cos my kids will want to do their spooky stuff. But Im on a mission to get to a beers before the end of the year, so one later I will try to get to. Trouble is, cos Im in the sticks, it means either an early hours drive home, or a layover. Offers of a (single) bed, anyone? :)

And Grimes, Ill spectate, investigate, sleep late or trance state. But not copulate or fornicate. K? :p

ah, so a lot of boardian's can hold a mouse better than a pint. Shame that they always seemed like a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

We need a vague idea of numbers for this so that we can reserve an area in the chosen venue so can everyone make sure they head over to the thread on the noc forum and vote on the poll?

Oryx wrote: »
    The halloween one is a no no for me cos my kids will want to do their spooky stuff. But Im on a mission to get to a beers before the end of the year, so one later I will try to get to.

So Oryx, will there be a paranormal Christmas beers??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

All up for that idea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'd be up for that, so long as it doesn't clash with any of my current plans!

Advertisement