Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

pretest prices??

Options
  • 19-09-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

what is an average that would be paid for an hourly pretest lesson?

is €40 normal or a bit pricey??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theocn

I could be wrong, but I don't think pre test prices should be any dearer than ordinary driving lessons. €40 might be a bit dear, you should be able to get them for about €35 so shop around, but make sure you get an ADI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RSA ADI MARK

hi poindexter ,dont let the instructors charge you more for a [pre test]lesson it is the easiest lesson for instructors,just marking you on a test route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I phoned up 10 different Driving instructers in Carlow & they all charge €35 ph bit of a cartel going on if you ask me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

hi poindexter ,dont let the instructors charge you more for a [pre test]lesson it is the easiest lesson for instructors,just marking you on a test route

+1

Have a read through the "Unsuccessful - Post here" " thread on here and you will find that sometimes the results of these so called "pretests" bear no resemblence whatsoever to the real test.

If the instructor and examiner are singing from the same hymnn sheet they should be identical. That is providing you drive in the real test the same as the "pretest".

Any competent instructor can tell after three or four minutes observation what your faults are. You will then have Fifty minutes for remedial action, advising of potential hazards each junction, questions to discover your "Rules" knowledge etc etc etc. Not a totally unproductive silence

If you are ready for the test and have the time and money by all means have a mock test. But the ONLY thing you will learn on this is the silence, nothing else.

These "pretests" were invented by a certain large driving school as a money spinning racket.

Request a proper lesson. If instructor still sits in silence making marks on a piece of paper, ask him/her questions, request immediate feedback on how you just negotiated a junction and so on..

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement