Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pumpkins album announced

Options
  • 19-09-2009 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Last Monday the new Smashing Pumpkins album was announced. Teargarden by Kaleidyscope will comprise of 44 tracks and each will be available from their site as a free download. The first track is due out in October, and the following tracks will be released when they're completed. You can read about it all in the link. This'll be the first album with their new drummer, the 19 year old Mike Byrne. There's been great things said about his preformances with Billy during the summer.

Personally I think 44 tracks sounds like a hell of a lot. It doesn't sound like the band are under any time related pressure since theres been no release dates set, but I can imagine the band will have to work hard and over a long period to get this done. Will it be too tiresome for the newbie?

I know a lot of people think the Smashing Pumpkins are dead and gone (esp. without Jimmy Chamberlin), but I'm looking forward to hearing this lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

How many of those 44 tracks are likely to be filler? I'll still be checking this out, I'm all for free music ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

It wasn't the Pumpkins with Billy & Jimmy, it sure as hell isn't them with Billy & some 19 year drummer.

Although having said that i'll still be checking it out, fortunately after the release of Zeitgeist & all subsequent material my hopes won't be too high so I can't see myself being too disappointed with whatever he releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

44 songs!!!!???? WTF? Are they going for a grindcore feel on this one!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

44 songs!!!!???? WTF? Are they going for a grindcore feel on this one!!??

Knowing Billy Corgan i wouldn't rule it out. Apparently the album is going to be based around tarot cards. I'm looking forward to hearing the new songs. Even if there's 22 great songs and 22 not so great songs i'll still be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,182 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'll check it out alright. Try and put my adoration for Jimmy aside and be open to the new lad. Not his fault Jimmy isn't there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

its funny ....the pumpkins is a parody of what it was and it still seems more real than any of the contrived rock and roll i see in kerrang or nme.....shows you how bad things have got in rock.....

Advertisement