Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchurian Approach Course

Options
  • 18-09-2009 10:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey all,

Having read the book reality is plastic and i am working (slowly) through the manchurian approach dvds , i am wondering if someone here could tell me if it is worth the time (and expense) to travel to do the course in the uk ? or should i keep plugging away at the book and dvd ?
    i know there are at least 2 people here who attended the course - have either of you lads seen the dvd since?

Thanks For your time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

horgan_p wrote: »
    hey all,

Having read the book reality is plastic and i am working (slowly) through the manchurian approach dvds , i am wondering if someone here could tell me if it is worth the time (and expense) to travel to do the course in the uk ? or should i keep plugging away at the book and dvd ?
    i know there are at least 2 people here who attended the course - have either of you lads seen the dvd since?

Thanks For your time
    Harry (???)is IN the dvd! I thoroughly enjoyed the course and later rerturned to help out on another course.
    What level of progress are you getting?

basically, I went on the course because I learn better in person than any other way, and I wanted the pressure to just try it out in public. It worked, really well. The course is good, and now is the time to do it because its getting more expensive. Also, I'd do derby if its coming up, its a bity cheaper on the pocket than london! You do need to go in the frame of mind to try it for yourself though.

where abouts in country are you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

yes harry guiness i believe (apologies if i've misspelled).
    However , i'm very much "monkey see monkey do" type of learner. for instance i had to read RIP a couple of times to get my head around some of the stuff in it , however i find the dvd much easier to deal with.

add to this , the fact i currently have 2 jobs , which actually makes it easier to give my focus to 2 days "boot camp" than snatching an hour here and there.to do the course in october in london is only £275 which i feel would give excellant value for what i would come away from it with.
    at the moment , i have put a couple of people under , but the niggling doubt remains if they are just "playing along" , if that makes any sense?

I'm based in Cork BTW.

yes harry guiness i believe (apologies if i've misspelled).
    However , i'm very much "monkey see monkey do" type of learner. for instance i had to read RIP a couple of times to get my head around some of the stuff in it , however i find the dvd much easier to deal with.

add to this , the fact i currently have 2 jobs , which actually makes it easier to give my focus to 2 days "boot camp" than snatching an hour here and there.to do the course in october in london is only £275 which i feel would give excellant value for what i would come away from it with.
    at the moment , i have put a couple of people under , but the niggling doubt remains if they are just "playing along" , if that makes any sense?

I'm based in Cork BTW.
    If you wanna meet for a chat about it sometime, I'm down there a lot with work, I'm based in Limerick. yeah I'd recommend the course highly. I meant the costs of the extra stuff is higher in london, like accom, travel, food and drink. i found it much harder to get accom in London, and ended up with a cross town commute for the course, which cut the nights short, whereas derby ran late as a group.
    You'll have a success that you'll just KNOW was full hypno, and you'll never look back from it!

well i've already mailed to find out where would be the closest accomodation to where the course is to be held , i assume i'll get a reply back over the next week.
    I may just take you up on the offer to have a chat about the course , and what to expect from it if you dont mind.travelling to limerick wouldnt be out of the way for me either ( is that little magic / costume shop still going on macroom street i think it was?)
    I agree all i probably need is a little more confidence in what i'm doing (you dont tend to get feedback from a dvd or book), and i'm 110% certain that i wont look back from it.

well i've already mailed to find out where would be the closest accomodation to where the course is to be held , i assume i'll get a reply back over the next week.
    I may just take you up on the offer to have a chat about the course , and what to expect from it if you dont mind.travelling to limerick wouldnt be out of the way for me either ( is that little magic / costume shop still going on macroom street i think it was?)
    I agree all i probably need is a little more confidence in what i'm doing (you dont tend to get feedback from a dvd or book), and i'm 110% certain that i wont look back from it.

Magic shop is on Mallow street, yip he's still going, place will be mobbed pretty shortly til after halloween though, no getting in for a chat with paddy on effect etc.

No bother, PM replied to, we'll organise something! as I say, if the money isnt a problem, I'd highly recommend the course. Tell Ant I talked ya into it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'm based in Cork BTW.

Hi horgan,

Did you know there is an IBM ring in Cork? Quite a few local hypnotists are members (Paul Dee and Tony Black would be the main ones).

I must admit i heard something about an ibm ring , however i never did follow it up :(

I must admit i heard something about an ibm ring , however i never did follow it up :(
    http://magicireland.com/2009/02/11/ibm-in-ireland-cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

There may be a Dublin course in the next few months. Numbers permitting.

wel if it were in dublin , i'd probably head to that as a refresher. how sure is it to happen ?

• Advertisement

not very sure to date.

well i think i'll plug away anyhow , have a chat with zuroph before the london course and just head over. if the dublin course happens count me in.

cool, and if you've any questions feel free to throw up a thread here!

right lads , i'm booked into the 28/29 of november , anyone interested ???

Derby? I'm almost certainly there, its my birthday weekend :p
    where ya flying from?

no , unfortunately its london. being held in the crowne plaza , but i'll probaby (95%) be staying in the days inn on the hackney road.

that course has been put back to the 12/13th of december, might just make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭KC JONES

Having read the book reality is plastic and i am working (slowly) through the manchurian approach dvds ,
    where do you buy the book and dvd?

KC JONES wrote: »
    where do you buy the book and dvd?

http://www.anthonyjacquin.com/products.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭KC JONES

Thanks horgan p.

Is it true you can get free drinks/be invisible etc or is it just hype?

• Advertisement

KC JONES wrote: »
    Thanks horgan p.

Is it true you can get free drinks/be invisible etc or is it just hype?

hogan p was the guy above me, but sure, it's possible. I have not convinced someone I was invisible (But I have had people in the state where I could have if I so wished), I know for a fact that ??? and zuroph have, but they tend to use the hypnotism more than I do. (I am much more into sleight of hand, especially cards.)

And sure, you could convince someone to buy you a drink, I have seen hypnotists convince someone that they are someone famous and that they should buy them a drink, hell, Anthony Jacquin does just that on the performance CD included with the book, but as far as I am concerned, that's an ethical issue anyway. (That being said, if you put on a good performance in a pub, people will buy you drinks anyway.)

Hypnotism is not magic, it's not actually going to turn you invisible, it's not going to make beautiful women appear from thin air and offer you their undying loyalty.

Just spotted this, as Oeb says, yeah, its entirely possible. I find the inivisibility thing works better with some subjects, others seem to struggle at hallucinations while others show their strongest responses to it. As for the getting drink, I've never done a routine or hypnotised someone JUST to get a drink, but its happened that I've gotten drinks from it most times anyway. Last night for example, as I was waking the subject back up after a 10 minute demonstration, I threw in the line "and when you wake up you'll feel great and nothing will make you happier than to head to the bar and buy me a heineken in exchange for the great show you've just taken part in" just to get a laugh off the crowd. sure enough, 5 minutes later I had a pint. it's just bein a bit cheeky that way, but I wouldnt walk up to someone and knock em out just to get a free pint :)

Advertisement