Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hey any gud chemistry sites to explain tricky leavingcert topics.

Options
  • 18-09-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi im in leavn cert just wondrin is der any really good chemistry sites that give a little more info on topics to make them clearer and easier to undersatand.. eg sp configuration of benzene molecule and boron trichloride probably being an exception to the octet rule and does an inert cathode in the electrolysis of acidified water receive electrons from the water , very confused stupid chemistry live book doesnt explain things properly!!!! altho cud be me :(...:mad:......:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Try searcing youtube videos. There's good experiments done there but they may not be leaving cert. Lots of diagrammatic explanations for biology anyway. Presumably chemistry too. Think there's videos on youtube about chemistry by 'chemguy' that are supposed to be good

Try A-level websites maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lorkat

thanks.. ok wats an a level website??!!!

lorkat wrote: »
    thanks.. ok wats an a level website??!!!

I just meant that if you were searching for a chemistry topic and you inserted 'molecule leaving cert', that you shouldn't confine yourself to leaving cert.

The english a-level (you know their exam system) websites with a google search like 'molecule a-level' might throw up something a bit more explanatory and yet related somewhat to the leaving cert although possibly at a higher level depending on whether it's a-subsidiary or a-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lorkat

oh!! ok thats a gud idea !!! :D:D haha now i dont no wat subsidiary refers to!! :L:L
    il get myself a dictionary.. :D

lorkat wrote: »
    oh!! ok thats a gud idea !!! :D:D haha now i dont no wat subsidiary refers to!! :L:L
    il get myself a dictionary.. :D

subsidiary in the context of english A-levels just refers to the academic level it is at. A-subsidiary (or AS as it can be known) is at an equivalent level to honours leaving cert.

A2 is another year added onto this and so would be the level of an irish first year undergraduate degree where the subject matter in that irish module followed on from leaving cert chemistry.

If you want to go back to basics you could try GCSE chemistry. GCSE would be at the level of leaving cert ordinary.

also never forget about wikipedia, even if it can occasionally incorrect

• Advertisement
Advertisement