Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switch

Options
  • 18-09-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I was wondering if you could add a switch to an power cord in between socket and appliance to knock off the power to electric appliance.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I could, and have done. Could you?

What unit are you looking to do this to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭coolkid

its a monitor that has no power off button so i wanted to incorporate a switch in the powercord going to the monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Power button is broken?

Shouldn't be a problem in putting a switch in the circuit of the power cord. Just make sure you know what you are doing, and have the switch the right way around not to mention that your cabling is correct.

If in doubt? DON'T!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

coolkid wrote: »
    I was wondering if you could add a switch to an power cord in between socket and appliance to knock off the power to electric appliance.:D

a simple in-line torpedo switch will do it. Absolute doddle to fit.

torpedo_switch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Easy job. Just be sure that the switch you use is rated for the current & consumption of the appliance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement