Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Electric Shower problems

Options
  • 18-09-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems with my Triton 90xr electric shower. The temperature setting seems to be messed up. Even at the lowest setting(on the number dial) on the first hot setting, it is boiling hot. Then sometimes it goes from boiling hot to cold. It is out of warranty now. Can anyone tell what the problem is and how much it would cost to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭c ashelmore

I had a similar problem with a t90 once.The insulation covering the wires to the 3 micro-switches had melted so that power to one ment power to all at once.Might be something like that. The water going cold probably means the thermal cut-out is doing its job to prevent scalding. Make sure the power is off before taking the cover off.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Oh really, so what would need to be replaced, and could this be done by an average DIYer?

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Had the exact same problem as described above with our Triton. Called Maynooth Shower Maintenance and was told to unscrew the shower head and clean it using a descaler or vinegar. I wasn't holding out much hope for this suggestion but I took off the shower head, let it sit in vinegar for an hour before washing it out, then put it back and amazingly the erratic temperature stopped and the flow pressure from the shower was much stronger.

I think it has something to do with the shower not being able to regulate the temperature if the head gets blocked with limescale so I'd definitely give this a try before embarking on some potentially dangerous DIY or calling out an expensive sparkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 reilly128

I have the tritonT 90xr and got a smell of burning comming from it, i opened and i know that the motor will be a bit black but the wire that connects the power to the shower was melting and looked like it was going to burn the brown(live) wire, i have the correct type wire (10mm) for this type of shower so not sure why this has happened, i need to replace the shower but wanted to know why it happeded so i can fix it so it does not happen:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

That can happen if the nuetral wire hasn't been tighted enough :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 reilly128

Thanks!, i did check the wires to see if they were loose but will check again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

It doesn't have to be at the shower.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

There is also a filter under the cover that can cause this problem if it gets blocked i cleaned mine myself, it was easy enough to do, however i would be very competent with D.I.Y.

Make sure the power is off before taking the cover off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1983JO

Im having similar problems the temp buttons all messed up and the power is really slow any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Clean the shower head in a solution of vinegar and descaler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 1983JO

not sure that will have much affect as its the pressure off the water ?

Advertisement