Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Podcasts

Options
  • 18-09-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Ive no idea where this thread should go. Ive been looking through the list of forums for 5 minutes and cant find the relevant forum. Move if necessary!

Im looking for some good podcasts to subscribe to. Any recommendations ?

I have listened/listen to Russel Brand, Ricky Gervais, Adam & Joe and Football Weekly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Theres a great video podcast by Tim and Eric which I find hilarious. Other than that and the Ricky Gervais podcasts I havent found anything I find that funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Ummmmmm...
    This One?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

TheZohan wrote: »
    Thats awesome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

TheZohan wrote: »

ugh - that has to be the most boring and frustrating response. Theres a difference in asking for a personal recommendation on something and being too lazy to google something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Tusky wrote: »
    ugh - that has to be the most boring and frustrating response. Theres a difference in asking for a personal recommendation on something and being too lazy to google something.

Ugh, at least I tried to help you Tusky.

You're welcome and have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

the only podcasts i've ever listened to are from the "stones throw" label (hip hop/not everyones cup of tea)
    some funky stuff.
    http://www.stonesthrow.com/jukebox/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

I have always enjoyed Friday night comedy from the BBC. Always topical .
    Anything from Newstalk , especially George Hook , he has a good handle on the populace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

David Mitchell (Peep Show) is worth a listen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Tusky wrote: »
    Ive no idea where this thread should go. Ive been looking through the list of forums for 5 minutes and cant find the relevant forum. Move if necessary!

Im looking for some good podcasts to subscribe to. Any recommendations ?

I have listened/listen to Russel Brand, Ricky Gervais, Adam & Joe and Football Weekly.

The Moth is pretty good. It's a storytelling series in front of a live audience, the Jerry Stahl one is fantastic, detailing his attempts to stop his heroin addiction by smoking crack.

It's not entirely successful, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I'd recommend

1. Conversations with Eamon Dunphy.
    30 min interviews with all sorts of characters, celebrities, business people, the prison governor of Mountjoy etc...

Conversations with Eamon Dunphy

2. Astronomy Cast

Excellent and very well made podcast about astronomy that really explains the basics, the science/physics behind what we know about it etc. This was so good I donated a few quid to it.
    If you like physics you've like this too, plenty on relativity, quantum physics, time, gravity, basic forces in the universe etc...

Astronomy Cast

Advertisement