Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amsterdam --> Eindhoven

Options
  • 18-09-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭

Hi, currently in Amsterdam but heading home to Ireland via Eindhoven next week. Looking online the express bus to the airport is €40.50 return and the train is working out at €35 return.

Only thing is there are two options for train stations in Eindhoven, Eindhoven Beukenlaan & just plain Eindhoven. Anyone know which one is the best for getting to the airport? Or how do connections from the train station to the airport work out?

I've searched this forum but couldn't find precisely what I was looking for.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

The bus from the airport definitely comes in to the main train station in Eindhoven. Or it did when we were there a few years back.

I can't imagine the main train station in any Dutch town being called anything other than <town name> or <town name> Centraal, so I would go with the main one. OK, well, maybe some of the stations are called <town name> NS, but that's about it. They don't go naming their stations after dead people like we do.

You should find that there is a bus from Amsterdam to Eindhoven airport, that would cut out any changing, or the delay in driving past the airport into the city centre, waiting for the airport bus, and then the drive back out again.

I suggest a good place to start is the Eindhoven airport website. Airport websites normally have a transport links page showing how to get there by public transport.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

zagmund wrote: »
    The bus from the airport definitely comes in to the main train station in Eindhoven. Or it did when we were there a few years back.

I can't imagine the main train station in any Dutch town being called anything other than <town name> or <town name> Centraal, so I would go with the main one. OK, well, maybe some of the stations are called <town name> NS, but that's about it. They don't go naming their stations after dead people like we do.

You should find that there is a bus from Amsterdam to Eindhoven airport, that would cut out any changing, or the delay in driving past the airport into the city centre, waiting for the airport bus, and then the drive back out again.

I suggest a good place to start is the Eindhoven airport website. Airport websites normally have a transport links page showing how to get there by public transport.

z

Cheers, I've checked the airport website but it just re-directs to the train company and bus company websites, not entirely helpful.

Looking again at the train timetables, the train will involve a changeover and another bus, think the direct bus from Amsterdam Centraal might prove easier.

Might just leave 2+ hours extra for traffic and whatnot.

Advertisement