Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest car parking in city centre

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Where in the city centre can I find the cheapest car parking?

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

To be honest I don't know what is the cheapest but I normally park in the Cornmarket carpark. It is €1.5 per hour, go to the third floor(floor number 3) it is normally very quite so less chance of getting your doors hit/dinged by twits.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Train Station car park is €4 on entry - you can then stay as long as you like. Pretty handy if you are parking for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yep i park in the train station. Cheapest by a country mile. The Multi Storey on Anne St/Roches St is ?25 for a weekly ticket. But if you're only parking there for a couple of days they will rob you blind. Ditto the one in Harveys Quay over Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

not exactly city centre but the car park across from the absolute hotel at sir harrys mall is 1E per hour
    5 min walk and your on Patrick St

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

[RANT]I know it's ever so slightly off topic, but i just parked in Harvey's Quay and my wallet got violently attacked.....I parked in there for 1 hour and 40 mins and they charged me €4.20 for it????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think this is ridiculous, especially when business are closing down in the city because people are moving out to the retail parks with their free parking.

I've sent q park an email giving out about this, but i don't hold out much hope lol.

As if it's not bad enough having the Government grabbing money out of our pockets at every turn, we don't need companies who always do good trade (car park is always full, or at least nearly full) raising their prices. [/RANT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

foinse wrote: »
    [RANT]I know it's ever so slightly off topic, but i just parked in Harvey's Quay and my wallet got violently attacked.....I parked in there for 1 hour and 40 mins and they charged me €4.20 for it????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think this is ridiculous, especially when business are closing down in the city because people are moving out to the retail parks with their free parking.

I've sent q park an email giving out about this, but i don't hold out much hope lol.

As if it's not bad enough having the Government grabbing money out of our pockets at every turn, we don't need companies who always do good trade (car park is always full, or at least nearly full) raising their prices. [/RANT]

Your not the only one!!!

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1060:motorists-angry-at-new-price-plan-at-city-car-park&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

I got hit for over €9 one day hence the post. It was the first time I parked there so I suppose my fault for not checking the hourly rate!

Have they recently put up the charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Yeah in the last few weeks, i've been off driving because i hurt my leg, only just back driving so wasn't aware they had changed their pricing. Zuroph told me about it at lunch and i was thinking it couldn't be too much, but how wrong i was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Doing some alalysis it is now cheaper for *some* stays

I can't do tables but if you past into excel you will be able to see it!

60c/15mins; 1.90/hour; Difference (New - Old);
    15mins €0.60; €1.90; €1.30; Cheaper now
    30 mins €1.20; €1.90; €0.70; Cheaper now
    45mins €1.80; €1.90; €0.10; Cheaper now
    1hr €2.40; €1.90; -€0.50;
    1hr 15 €3.00; €3.80; €0.80 Cheaper now
    1hr 30 €3.60; €3.80; €0.20 Cheaper now
    1hr 45 €4.20; €3.80; -€0.40
    2hr €4.80; €3.80; -€1.00;
    2hr 15 €5.40; €5.70; €0.30 Cheaper now
    2hr 30 €6.00; €5.70; -€0.30
    2hr 45 €6.60; €5.70; -€0.90
    3hr €8.60; €5.70; -€2.90;
    3hr 15 €8.60; €7.60; -€1.00
    3hr 30 €8.60; €7.60; -€1.00
    3hr 45 €8.60; €7.60; -€1.00
    4hr €10.60; €7.60; -€3.00;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Got stung by this shower for €6.60 for 2 hours and 31 mins.

Ya gotta love the quote, though:
    Breda Leonard, head of marketing at the company, told us: “The price change was introduced at the beginning of August after we had been approached by customers and retailers who asked us to consider a 15 minute interval charge.

“The motivation behind their request was to allow customers the opportunity to pay solely for the time they spent shopping. Previously, if an individual spent one hour and five minutes in the car park they would be charged for two hours. The 15 minute interval charge is more flexible and in current times, everyone is more conscious of spending"

Did any of the customers that approached ask for an INCREASE ?

And you've also gotta love her brass neck re VERY selective examples; if someone is back after 59 minutes, or 1.59, or 2.59, they're being charged 50c MORE PER HOUR.

Why not just round the €1.90 to €2, and then charge a quarter of that per 15 mins ? They'd still be making 5 cent extra per half hour, and would also have introduced the required flexibility, and the extra 10c wouldn't have killed anyone.

Remember that 50c extra per hour is a 26% INCREASE in charges.

Like the motorist quoted in the article, I won't be darkening their doors ramps ever again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement