Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running two teams

Options
  • 18-09-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Just had a message from BR about being reported for abuse as I was running two teams. I knew I couldn't enter 2 teams into the boards.ie cup but I didn't realise it was against the BR site rules.

Just a heads up if anyone else is running 2 teams.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

What did they do? Shut them both down or what?

I wouldn't mind starting a second team, i don't see the harm as long as you could "declare" it and teams can't trade with eachother or be in the same league and only 1 can enter the national cup or something...i suppose it would just be a pain in the ass for the admin of it all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

If you were not transferring players between the clubs then it is very petty of someone to do this? so what if somebody has 2 or 3 clubs as long as they don't inflate prices by bidding on each others players. My GF set a team up and it has the same ip as me, use that excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

How did they find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Dunno how they found out, I just got a message that I'd been reported for it, my guess though is that it may have been picked up on here as I've said it in the forum before. I don't think anyone here reported me but I think it may have come to the attention of a BR admin as a result of my posting here. I may be wrong but it's the only thing I can think of.

I was given the choice of which team I wanted to keep, the other will be shut down :(. It was an awful shame cos both are top of their leagues and quite likely to win them. Both also in the top 10 on the Div 4 promotion table. So they freeze the team I gave up for 2 weeks and then someone else gets it.... I feel depression setting in lol.

Didn't want to argue about them both not being mine cos I don't know where the complaint came from and tbh I didn't want to run the risk of being banned form the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Didnt you use practically the same user name for both teams ?

Yeah just checked

1 is dreamer_ire

2 is dreamer_ie

Bit of a giveaway methinks.

• Advertisement

I did jp, but different emails and one was registered to home (Waterford) and the other to where I live (Antrim) so while there is a possibility that the names flagged something I'm not sure it was enough to make a direct comparasion.

They can also see the last few log-ins for each team and I bet they were from the same IP address.
    (ie same computer)

[Jackass] wrote: »
    What did they do? Shut them both down or what?

I wouldn't mind starting a second team, i don't see the harm as long as you could "declare" it and teams can't trade with eachother or be in the same league and only 1 can enter the national cup or something...i suppose it would just be a pain in the ass for the admin of it all though.

I suppose it could be argued that it gives you an unfair advantage over managers just operating 1 team.

You get twice as many games and can play around with tactics more and so learn the game faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I reckon the IPs ****ed you up. I doubt the admins would check the main off-site Irish website AND boards... plus you don't strike me as the main offender. If it was a boards leak I'd expect others around here to be lynched before you. :pac:

I must say, I think it is quite the unfair advantage, especially if the teams are in the same league. There are a number of players on sale that are suitable for a certain division, so if you have the buying power of two teams you can hoover up more players for your two teams, which I don't think is right. Fair enough you don't have more money, but it's one person sucking up more specific resources than they should.

I say tough ****, but get over it, you should just have one team per league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Were these two teams in the same league?

• Advertisement

Both were in Div 4 but different leagues... it's a pity but it is what it is. Both won again yesterday and while Leo's Legends isn't mine anymore I'll keep an eye on them til the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I reckon the IPs ****ed you up. I doubt the admins would check the main off-site Irish website AND boards... plus you don't strike me as the main offender. If it was a boards leak I'd expect others around here to be lynched before you. :pac:

I must say, I think it is quite the unfair advantage, especially if the teams are in the same league. There are a number of players on sale that are suitable for a certain division, so if you have the buying power of two teams you can hoover up more players for your two teams, which I don't think is right. Fair enough you don't have more money, but it's one person sucking up more specific resources than they should.

I say tough ****, but get over it, you should just have one team per league.

It was him, he reported you

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

ajeffares wrote: »
    It was him, he reported you

;)

If I was into reporting I think there'd be a few more sore heads about these parts :P

Advertisement