Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Application

Options
  • 18-09-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I cant find anything in relation to this!!

I am looking to try and get into Nursing as a mature student next year. What I am wondering is, can you put down 2 colleges to apply to. Like a first preference and a second. So if you dont get points for one you might for your second choice.

Thanks, I hope it makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, you can put down as many as 10 choices!! Make sure to put your highest preference first, second and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

Thanks for the quick reply!! Thats good, I have two colleges that I want to put down, one really close and the other bout an hour and half away, so dont know what to do yet.

I will just have to do the interview for the course that i get the points for isnt that right?

Thanks

I think some unis require you to take an entrance exam too.

Here's a link that will give you a lot of information.
    http://www.nursingcareers.ie/Becoming_a_Nurse.HTML

There are quite a few people on here who have gone back to study nursing and midwifery so post away any questions.

Where are you thinking of doing your course?

I am thinking of doing it in Letterkenny as I only live 20 mins away, the only other option would be St Angelas College, Sligo, which is about an hour and half way.

So would really be hoping to get into Letterkenny, but I would say the demand is going to be pretty high for Nursing next year. Like all years I suppose. I dont know what to do!

Yes, I do know the points went up considerably for nursing this year and I'm sure the places for mature students will be in demand also for the next intake.

What you have to do is to make your application the best it can be. My friend is applying for nursing this year as a mature student so I'm helping her with that. I applied last year for Physio (starting next week). I wrote down some tips on applying as a mature student here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871 I'd suggest having a look at that and go from there.

Your first port of call will be Letterkenny IT. Contact them and see what the application process is for mature student entry to nursing.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much Larianne! That other thread is excellant, thanks for your help.

I am really excited about the prospect of getting to college. I just really hope I can win them over and get a place. Next year will be my first year to be able to apply as a mature student as ill be 24 next June, i just want to do something that i always wanted to do and what everybody has told me I should do.

Advertisement