Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grasslin Towerchron QE2 Timeclock problems

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I have a grasslin 2 channel timeclock in the house but when the heating control is on the hot water switches on with it. This isn't what I needed as I need the hot water to switch on at a different time.
    Just wondering is there a problem with the programming or is this the way these clocks work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cmsp.plumber

its the way its wired. you can have hot water only or heating and hot water. it not a problem. the water fires the boiler and the heating just open a electric valve so the water need to be on for the heating!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

Can I get heating only and hot water only. Theres no point installing a two channel clock if it's going to switch on the two channels together

sometimes its possible sometimes not, depends on what system you have and what way its wired. the timer you have give you a false idea, ie hot water only, heating only or both. i use the danfoss set2e because it shows you hot water or hot water and heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

The channels on the timer should work independently.how is the heating system zoned?

davelerave wrote: »
    The channels on the timer should work independently.Maybe the upstairs rads and hot water are zoned together.

wrong

• Advertisement

davelerave wrote: »
    The channels on the timer should work independently.how is the heating system zoned?

Exactly what I thought. There's no zoning in the house, old bungalow all on one zone. The immersion and boiler are wired seperately to the timeclock.

seems to be a standard 2-channel timer .you mean immersion heater or cylinder coil?

immersion heater

ok so you've got boiler on one channel and immersion heater on another(via contactor?)
    so whats the problem?

the problem is when the central heating contact of the timeclock is on, so too is the hot water contact.

• Advertisement

http://www.alertelectrical.com/Grasslin-Timers-And-RDL-Meters/Water-Heating-Programmers-And-Timeclocks/2-Channel-digital-programmer-GRASQE2.asp

"Independant 7 day programming for both channels"
    not familiar with the timer but maybe it just needs programming?are the channels working separately with the boost buttons?
    the 'factory preset programme' is for both channels on together morning and evening.

your immersion is not wired into you timer. its heating the water through a coil in the cylinder. you have 2 zones in ur house, hot water and hot and central heating. i know this from ur detail in 1st post. the system u have u cant indepentently have water and heating, its water only or water and heating. i am certain of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

I believe you'll find a switch on the back of that timeclock that will allow the channels to switch separately. It's marked gravity and pumped I think. You can time them separately. It comes out of the box set up like yours is.

Advertisement