Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake barrels...

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

hhmmm I dunno if thats the right name for them.

basically my friend got his ears pierced and instead of getting the stretched ear lobe tunnel barrel things... he just wants studs that look similar to these without the whole stretching the skin.

do these exist, if so where :)

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Thanks for that.
    Any place in Dublin that sells them as opposed to online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

can get em in wildcat in stephens green i think and in bodyshock in templebar, not entirely sure. have a wander about, seen em around

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How do they look though?

Wouldnt mind trying a couple before I go stretching :)

Actually I should have said trying to see if I get away with it here in work now that the place is run like Nazi Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Actually I should have said trying to see if I get away with it here in work now that the place is run like Nazi Germany.
    I feel your pain. Same here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

On a totally off topic point--Anyone else notice that employers are using this recession to make staff take it up the bum??

Hellrazer banned for 3 years for dragging the thread off-topic...

Nothing been said here about it as such, but it's a handy excuse when business is going good and they want to increase your workload exponentially without increasing your pay...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Back on topic, my friend has them. They dont look fake or anything, but to the trained eye you can tell. They're great if you want to get a feel for what stretched ears would look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

I've got various pairs of these...to the trained eye, I'm sure people would know your lobes aren't streched but I've had many (untrained) people asking me if mine are stretched when I wear them. They're nice and light too...don't weight your lobes down

I got them all at http://www.tribu.co.uk/ - they've shops in Camden Town in London, where I first discovered them. Some lovely stuff there!!

I've seen a few pairs in Georges St Arcade (Georges St end) but not many

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I really hate these things, seriously one of my pet hates.
    I just spot them a mile away and think, "ugh, there goes another person with commitment issues!"
    :p

Although, a lot of things in the piercing world annoy me tbh.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

Claires Accesories do them too...i freckin hate them tho, just stretch your ear, it probably costs less too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Ah I wouldn't agree with that. I sometimes wear the split hooks or spikes (not plugs) simply because I like the look of them. I have no interest in getting my ears stretched as I just wear studs most of the time. If I want a change, I'll wear something like that because I hate hoop earrings and wouldnt be too mad on dangly earrings on me. So they're a nice alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't see an issue with them either, if someone likes the look of plugs but doesn't want to commit then these are a good option, and definitely far cheaper and easier than the a surgical reconstuction later down the line. It's not really fair to judge the people who wear them as having "commitment issues", in my opinion, as who knows what their personal circumstances or reasons for not commiting to a permanent modification are?

Gauge wrote: »
    I don't see an issue with them either, if someone likes the look of plugs but doesn't want to commit then these are a good option, and definitely far cheaper and easier than the a surgical reconstuction later down the line. It's not really fair to judge the people who wear them as having "commitment issues", in my opinion, as who knows what their personal circumstances or reasons for not commiting to a permanent modification are?

Couldnt agree more with that Guage..Take my personal circumstances.Ive been wanting to start stretching my piercings for ages now and my previous employer couldnt have cared less.

The new management however are a little bit more "conservative" and I reckon I would be sacked if I stretched them now.However fakes like these might help me guage their reaction---I can always swap them out if they dont like them :)

And if theyre ok with them then Ill just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Gauge wrote: »

It was a joke... -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

CianRyan wrote: »
    It was a joke... -.-

tut tut, them is not allowed round these here parts.................

:pac:

i'm joking too so don't hurt me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I will be honest and say I don't like the look of em, can spot em a mile off. However as others said to each their own, lots of people who don't like the look of stretched ears too. Can't please everyone :D

No harm in them. People who are au-fait with piercings/tunnels/plugs etc can tell them a mile off, others cant.

Some people like the look of plugs, but don't like the idea of stretching their ear.

There's almost always a happy medium, and these are just one example!

Advertisement