Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do NOT leave your keys in the wheel arch!

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just to warn anyone who is as complacent/stupid as me, I had cash stolen from my car earlier today in Streedagh while in surfing.:mad:

Time to invest in better security!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Im selling a new car, any interest, just stole bought it today...

Only jokin, sorry to hear this, i always leave my keys here when surfing/swimmng, hmmm under d wheel den, r behind d old hub-cap...

did u get the car back...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 surfbored

Was just cash that was stolen, they left my mobile and credit cards. Could have been worse!

ahh dats a bit of a result now, ok ur cash was stolen but everything could of been taken and ur car could of been taken, burnt out or just had d sh!t driven out of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

surfbored wrote: »
    Was just cash that was stolen, they left my mobile and credit cards. Could have been worse!

Cancel the credit cards. They'll have CVV number and expiry date which is far more dangerous.

jimi_t wrote: »
    Cancel the credit cards. They'll have CVV number and expiry date which is far more dangerous.

Good call, your a smart one!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

sh!t, I wont be leaving my keys there again so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

surfbored wrote: »
    Just to warn anyone who is as complacent/stupid as me, I had cash stolen from my car earlier today in Streedagh while in surfing.:mad:

Time to invest in better security!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That suxxx big times. Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

you can get little boxes to put your keys in them that have magnets on them so you can put them anywhere you want under the car way less chance of it being found then just leaving them on the wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Sorry to hear that man. Happening more and more around our kitesurfing spots in dublin too. Get one of these, theyr the job. Got mine in puremagic kitesurfing

keypod.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

you can always get one of this: http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=295

i take my car key with me, in a pocket in the suit

... or invite a friend with a camera to take pictures and keep an eye on the stuff... the 'friend-option' it's great because you can always get wrecked and have someone to drive you back

just make sure is more a photographer than a surfer hehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Sorry to hear that surfbored, especialy in Streedagh where its a fair bit of the beaten track. other places like strandhill, lahinch, bundoran etc you'd think theres a fair probability. (ratio of scumbags to cars) pity as i go there regularly enough. Will have to get more disciplined myself so. Good call on canceling the cards but was more likely kiddie scummers when they left phone etc.

Advertisement