Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw hire in Galway

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Does anyone know where I can hire a chainsaw in Galway? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

As far as I am aware there is no place in Galway that rents chainsaws. I could be wrong though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

http://www.hss.com/g/3705/Chainsaw-15-2-Stroke.html

Hmmm looks expensive then again i don't know the going rates.Seems they have a branch on Tuam Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it for a tree? In case you never used a chainsaw before I suggest getting someone to do it for you (and show how to operate it). Try asking in B&Q, Woodies or other garden centre. They may sell electric chain saws too, for smaller stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What do you have to cut?

If nothing too big, i'll do it for you, but I won't lend you my chainsaw. Anytime I lend tools/machines, they come back worse for wear. So I have the simple ethos "I'll do it for ya, but won't lend it to ya". I accept donations in the form of un-opened buckfast Bottles :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could try DAI Hire Ltd. Their address is Unit 12, Westside Business Centre, Westside, Galway.

I rented a lawnmower off them last week; €10 for 2 hours, and it seemed to be well maintained (which you'd really want with a chainsaw).

I have no connection with the company; I just had good experience with them. They're across the road from Dunnes in Westside, behind Subway.

If you're not used to chainsaws, I'd take JohnCleary up on his offer; they're dangerous bloody things, and better left to those with experience of them and good safety gear. Just my humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 catleo

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am actually thinking about purchasing a chainsaw as I think I will have the use for it. Thanks for the offer JohnCleary...I will get back to you if I decide to take you up on it.

Advertisement