Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear pierced

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey, 17 yo male, Wanting to get his ear pierced tomo around the grafton street area, Wheres the best place

ps: (i know not to go to georges arcade, dont worry :P)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

wildcat in jervis/stephens green shopping centre, connected in templebar, bodyshock templebar, snakebite middle abbey street, few more but can't think right now

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Davabo

Will wrote: »
    wildcat in jervis/stephens green shopping centre, connected in templebar, bodyshock templebar, snakebite middle abbey street, few more but can't think right now

alrite thanks a mill
    got any favourite places that for 100% wont fu*k it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Davabo wrote: »
    got any favourite places that for 100% wont fu*k it up?
    Davabo wrote: »

ps: (i know not to go to georges arcade, dont worry :P)

For an ear piercing, you've pretty much got it covered.

For proximity to Grafton st, I'd say Wildcat in Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 _red_6_

Hi there:D

Im new to the whole posting thing and dont know how to start up a forum so thought id slap my question in here:p

I got the top of my ear pierced in "Claires" in Bray a few days ago. When I was picking the stud it looked grand but the more that i look at it, the more feminine it seems:(

So now I'm wondering what my options are...do i have to wait the 12 weeks to change it? Or can i just whip it out and put a new 1 in? And are the studs the same for the lobe and top of the ear?

Thanks (in advance:p) for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

>.<

Firstly I would go to a proper piercing studio and get them to take a look at it, if it was done with a gun (im presuming it was) then there could be trouble ahead. Secondly don't pick at your piercing ever!

Go as soon as possible to a piercing studio, they will set ya right. Soak your ear with salt water solution, not too hot don't wanna burn yourself.

I wouldn't remove the jewellery as you will just agitate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

First off, as it was pierced in Claires, then make sure you stick to proper aftercare as best you can, and by that, I don't mean the bottle of stuff they give you for it. There's a thread here about healing piercings that has the best advice you could find anywhere.

Secondly, do wait till the piercing is properly healed before changing the jewellery, or get a professional piercer (IE - Not Claires) to change it for you.

And lastly for everyone else, please never ever consider letting anyone pierce the top of your ear with a gun like they would in Claires, as driving the stud through the ear would shatter the cartilage. A proper piercer will use a needle which will cut through it. A proper piercer will also not use a stud in a piercing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

_red_6_ wrote: »
    Hi there:D

Im new to the whole posting thing and dont know how to start up a forum so thought id slap my question in here:p

I got the top of my ear pierced in "Claires" in Bray a few days ago. When I was picking the stud it looked grand but the more that i look at it, the more feminine it seems:(

So now I'm wondering what my options are...do i have to wait the 12 weeks to change it? Or can i just whip it out and put a new 1 in? And are the studs the same for the lobe and top of the ear?

Thanks (in advance:p) for the help!

Ill prob get shot down for this, but just wip it out real fast and throw another stud/ring, done this with my eyebrow and my ear and it worked out fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Ill prob get shot down for this, but just wip it out real fast and throw another stud/ring, done this with my eyebrow and my ear and it worked out fine....

^ Don't ever do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Not to mention that cartilage is absolutely NOT the same as earlobe and eyebrow and it really, really hates being irritated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 _red_6_

Thanks 4 your help guys:) I only went to Claires because it was 7euro cheaper(recession) but the bus cost me 7:60 so...yeah...:( Im thinkin of just being a stupid naive teenager and doing a swap..!:cool: But thanks anyway! At least i know what to expect:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Thats what I done with me lip, eye brow and top of ear lol. Lip and brow where grand. Top of me ear used to get infected every couple of months for some reason. Its been grand now for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

seanybiker wrote: »
    Thats what I done with me lip, eye brow and top of ear lol. Lip and brow where grand. Top of me ear used to get infected every couple of months for some reason. Its been grand now for years.

Ye I found that my eyebrow got ifected after doing it, was alittle sore to touch for about 4-5 days, after that twas grand. Was alot better then waiting the advised 6 months to do it, mind you I did wait 3 months and then done it.

Advertisement