Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Kiosk Setup

Options
  • 17-09-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

I'm currently working on a project that requires the following.

Main html page containing 3 frames, one for main content, one for links to three different third party sites that I have no control over, and one to hold back and forward buttons.

This page will run in full screen mode on a touch screen. (so no keyboard commands to worry about)
    I have downloaded Full Fullscreen for firefox to force it to run in full screen.
    The issues I'm having are the following:

- Some links open a popup to play a video, with the plugin enabled this is forced to fullscreen and therefore has no close button so the user cannot get back to the site. - I would either like these popups to be blocked completely or to open in their original size. Maybe I need a different approach

- Some links are to download content - I would like this to be blocked completely along with printing. The latter I believe I can change something in firefox user prefs.

I look forward to any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

You can do it with Flash & SWF Studio, but to be honest this type of thing is quite tricky.

I'd recommend hosting all the video etc... on a website and buy 'Kiosk browser' software (this will handle all the locking down and tons of options like that) and just make it all go back to a homepage when idle. It'll save you a world of pain if you take this approach! :)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Hi P,

Thanks for the reply.

I had been hoping to do it without spending anymore but alas the more I look into the more of a learning curve I find.

Site Kiosk hits the nail on the head. It's definately easy to setup and sorts out absolutely everything. Therefore I'm going to splash out on it and save myself allot of pain and time.

Advertisement