Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless/internet in UCD?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

How does it work? I don't think I'd bother bringing my own laptop (would there be an advantage to doing so).

Got my student card today and I look awful. Absolutely dire, at least I don't look like I'm about to mug someone:p

Starting next week and I wondered in today and I know where I'm going!

I'm getting tempted to buy a UCD hoodie...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There's computers all over the place in UCD - in the Science Hub near Elements Cafe and more upstairs. Then there's some in the Arts building. Then there are computer labs in Daedalus Building, where IT Services are based.

To use wireless http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/wirelessandlaptopsinucd/howtogetontheucdwirelessnetwork/

Connection used to come and go for me in the library in UCD. There are signs for Wireless Hotspots and this is where desks will be limited esp. near exam time. But it is handy to bring in your laptop if you arrive early and want to work on assignments or look up topics you haven't a clue on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Are the computers pay to go or free to use? Are the ones in the computer lab for all students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

I was in UCD this morning also,got my ID card done too...I was made go back to my car to get photo I.D..then when I got back to the student card place I got my card done by another person and they didnt even want ID arghhh!!
    I am going to buy a hoodie too I think they sell them in the Sports shop in the Sports Centre.:)

Yep, free. You just need to set up your account and that. I think you log onto UCDconnect using your student card number and set up your account. I can't remember how I did it. I think when we had the first IT class. But I'm sure if you go onto UCDconnect you'll work it out.

The computers in the Daedalus building you can use once there isn't a class on.

They also sell hoodies in the SU shop under the library. (should have bought one to parade around TCD)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

How does it work? I don't think I'd bother bringing my own laptop (would there be an advantage to doing so).

Got my student card today and I look awful. Absolutely dire, at least I don't look like I'm about to mug someone:p

Starting next week and I wondered in today and I know where I'm going!

I'm getting tempted to buy a UCD hoodie...

Having your own laptop is great if you're trying to kill time. Theres lots of laptop areas dotted around where you can plug them in and work away

My picture for this year looks like it was taken from about 15 feet so i have a tiny head. I look awesome tho :p

• Advertisement

Meet Chet T16

norm-48c6ca7f2fe8b-Beetlejuice%20(1988).jpeg

Keep an eye out for him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Thats obviously not me, the collar isn't popped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

To log into UCD Connect
    Your Username=student Number
    Your Password=DOB

Advertisement