Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra

Options
  • 17-09-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Bill Bailey's November shows in Ireland will be his Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra.

He's doing that tour in the UK around then but Ticketmaster only lists him in Ireland as plain ol' Bill Bailey whereas they list his UK shows as being the Orchestra ones.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Heard on the radio the other day that those shows will be the orchestra ones!

I saw it on TV before, it's amazing! He truly is a great performer and a very talented musician!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Excellent.

Might get tickets for it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

In the ticketmaster "news" section it says that is it indeed this show and he'll be doing it with the rte symphony orchestra.
    Is it meant to be a good show? I've not seen any of his stand up but heard hes hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

grimm2005 wrote: »
    In the ticketmaster "news" section it says that is it indeed this show and he'll be doing it with the rte symphony orchestra.
    Is it meant to be a good show? I've not seen any of his stand up but heard hes hilarious

Just got two tickets. Saw this on TV and it was fantastic, especially if you're a music fan too. It's such a clever show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Got ticket's 7 row's from the front cant wait.
    There was an article in the paper saying its with the RTE concert orchestra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Boru1

http://www.theo2.ie/event/bill-bailey/ says it's the RTE Concert Orchestra. http://www.odysseyarena.com/bill-bailey.html did list the RTE Concert Orchestra but now has no orchestra listed - though there is a conductor.....
    Why not contact the venue? or RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

I'm really looking forward to this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got my tickets in the post this morning. Bill Bailey and an orchestra, what more could you possibly want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Going, can't wait. Was at him earlier in the year also. He's my fave comedian by far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I really really really want to go to this but I have to be the other side of the country when this is on
    *No Bill does not have a restraining order against me*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I hope the weather won't screw up access to the area.

Cant wait now :D was looking at some of it on youtube and looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I cant wait :D Bill is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

what time do ye reckon the show will be over at?

Not long now. :D

Have to say I quite enjoyed that! Felt like there was real energy in the room, a few Irish references peppered in there and some quite unexpected heckles - "iceberg, dead ahead" :D I was a little worried that the cowbells wouldn't make an appearance, but ahhhh...what a piece and so well-executed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

great show, the orchestra looked like they were really enjoying it too....except for the oul lad in the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Great show. Really happy and buzzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Really enjoyed the show i thought it was brilliant. The orchestra was fantastic especially the lady on the Harp she blew me away. The "20 past 5" heckle was genius! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah the Harp was awesome. And the Bells. That heckle was quite good. I was hoping there wouldn't be any heckles but it worked well.

'ave a ban-an-a' :pac:

• Advertisement

He was brilliant. Was right at the front though and could only see a couple of them on stage. I never said this but there was some funny heckler's. Was soaked walking from the point to o connell street.

Harp = Gods washboard :-)

How did he use the harp? It was in the second half, but I've forgotten where it came in. Was very good as has been said.

He just talked about it a bit and had her strum a few flourishes up and down. Sounded amazing to hear it like that!

Can't help but think of this gig every time I put on a Universal DVD!

Advertisement