Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port's Pride 27th September

Options
  • 17-09-2009 2:27pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Taking place again this year on Sunday the 27th September. Kicks off at 2pm on the Main Street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Hi all - you can find it on Facebook also with more details - just enter Port Pride Day in the search feature and let us know you are attending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Sorry i'll be at a wedding in the south of Italy.......:cool:

But enjoy all !

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

I thought this was a different kind of pride until I checked out the Facebook page! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

I won't be back in Port till about 6 on the Sunday evening but would love to get involved with the preparations if you need volunteers :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wow! Portarlington must be the smallest town to be holding a gay pride march.

Go Port!!:cool::D

pride-2007-castro-rainbow-flag.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Lol

Who went on the day? And was it as good as last years?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Ruby-J wrote: »
    Lol

Who went on the day? And was it as good as last years?

Could it have been any worse?

Fair play to all who give up their time to organise this but it's really a day out for the kids on bouncy castles and nothing more.

Ah wheres your community spirit?

I think its a great day out! I don't have any children but i think its a good bit of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Ruby-J wrote: »
    Ah wheres your community spirit?

I think its a great day out! I don't have any children but i think its a good bit of fun!

good on ya ruby. i think its great too see something being done down the town with a bit of community spirit and its great for the kids. my lttle one is a year and a half now and she had a ball on sunday.

omg shes a year and a half already!!! i remember when your other half was going into hospital!!! the time has flown in! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

yeah it was a good day and there were loads of people around which is good in these times, i think they should try make it a wkend thing if possible, i know it would be hard to organise but im sure any of us on here would be happy to help out in anyway possible, it jus brings a small town like port together for a day

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

I thought it was a great day out and really showed the community spirit of Port,both me and my wife are blow ins from neighbouring Kildare and Offaly (had to find neutral place to live) and have to say don`t see any of this in our respective home towns ,and with the recently run Family Day in Port as well I think you locals should be well proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lolak

I really enjoyed the day too. Totally harmless but with 3 babies under 2 and a half there aren't many places for us to go to!! :D

I'm desperately trying to locate an artist that was in the square. She was separate from the other artists who were along the railings and had her own stand between the bookie office and the After Dark.
    Can anyone help? She had some great stuff and I'd love to buy something fromm her for a wedding present.

Hope someone there can help.
    Thanks Lolak

Advertisement