Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halp! Socket 478 retention mechanism needed!

Options
  • 17-09-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I am looking for the plastic frame found on S478 boards (around the socket):
    ppic-MAXI-Foxconn-Retention-Modul-Retention-Modul-foxconn.jpg

I'm in south Co. Dublin (near Bray) but I could drive within a reasonable distance to pick it up, if you have a spare one from an old/dead/decommissioned board etc..

I remember throwing away dozens of S478 motherboards a couple of years ago, who would have thought that in 2009 Shuttle uses S478 holes for their S775 motherboards... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Can get this for a 5er, but I wanted to see if I can get one before the weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mike1187

Ive got some old p4 mobos you can have for free, im in rathgar in dublin mate :) youll have to be quick as im dumping them next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

No worries, I found one and it was of no use (slightly different mounting holes...)
    Thanks anyway

Advertisement