Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change wired connection to wireless

Options
  • 17-09-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

A friend has just got Digiweb broadband which came with a wired cable modem. What does she need to make the internal network wireless? I'm not sure a standard cable modem with wireless would do because the connection between the dish and the existing modem is some sort of coaxial connection that I haven't seen on wireless routers before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

I presume the cable modem supplied by digiweb has ethernet ports on it? If so you get a patch lead, connect it a wireless access point. Then set up your security and away you go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

I happen to have a Belkin ADSL wireless router. Can this be made to work in my situation, or does it have to be an AP/cable modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

That belkin will work. Just connect the ethernet port from the cable modem into the broadband/internet socket of the AP/Wireless router and it will work fine

Great. Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement