Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifes 30th and she wants a watch.. wheres best to buy?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI guys,
    i recently got myself a Tag Aquaracer and am delighted with it but so is the wife in the sense that haviong never been into watches before she now wants a nice 'brand named' watch for her birthday. Id be looking at spending around 500euro on something pre-owned but am at a loss as to where to look. She isnt too pushed on the prand name but it would have to be something that she would recoignise :)
    if anyone has any ideas on what i could expect to pick up pre-owned for this price i would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

For bricks and mortar shops, try Dawson Jewellers in Dublin. They have a pretty good selection of used watches. You're lucky in that women's watches depreciate massively, so are good value second hand.
    You could also check the sales section of some of the major online watch fora: watchuseek.com, tz-uk.com and timezone.com
    I bought my missus a vintage gold Omega Seamaster from a member on tz-uk for £140.
    If you want you can try authenticwatches.com for new pieces. I bought my sister a Tag Alter Ego from them for a fraction of the cost here. Beware however that any watch coming in from outside the EU will be subject to customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

go on-line to a jewellers called, blowers jewellers, he is based in hull and his stuff is fantastic,7 day money back guarantee, no questions asked, with the euro being good againist the sterling. He is got wonderfull stuff, papers included. i bought a breitling, £2950 in London, he charged £1950!. I can assure you he is not a rip off merchant. If you know what you want i would deal with this chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

hmmm... i was listening to sean moncrieff a few weeks ago, apparently it's bad luck to buy a watch for your partner, signifies calling time on the relationship.
    saying that though, http://www.madaboutwatches.co.uk/ looks pretty good.
    if not, a casio calculator watch. tough times and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

behan29 wrote: »
    go on-line to a jewellers called, blowers jewellers, he is based in hull and his stuff is fantastic,7 day money back guarantee, no questions asked, with the euro being good againist the sterling. He is got wonderfull stuff, papers included. i bought a breitling, £2950 in London, he charged £1950!. I can assure you he is not a rip off merchant. If you know what you want i would deal with this chap.

I can vouch for Blowers, I bought a brand new Ladies Rolex 2 weeks ago, I dealt with a man called Richard.

Advertisement