Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession, jobs and surfing

Options
  • 16-09-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

How many people here are really effected and how many are surfing more becuase of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

We are more busy at work, so no chance of surfing during the week. And I usually spend one day from the weekend in the office too, therefore I lack motivation to spend half of only free day behind the steering wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

have my 2 jobs as always but there isn't much overtime - so there isn't that extra cash - but there is more time

that said, since i spend a lot of petrol for my 2L, i sometimes prefer to stay home before i brave the elements or make a 2h30 journey for 2h in the water and keep it quiet so i don't get tired for the 2h30 journey back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

Lost my job in feb and surfed every day since then. Back in college now so doin a bit less

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

PjC wrote: »
    Lost my job in feb and surfed every day since then. Back in college now so doin a bit less

That sounds great! Except for the whole lost job thing... ;)

Still have my job so rarely get to go down during the week, when I do its a nice treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 surfbored

Loads of people out surfing now on weekdays, in the middle of the day.

I've been trying to get to some of the better/busier spots lately in north Sligo when the surf is good and they're nearly as crowded midweek as at the weekends.

I'm jobless too:( but at least my surfing is improving:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

kodute wrote: »
    That sounds great! Except for the whole lost job thing... ;)

Still have my job so rarely get to go down during the week, when I do its a nice treat.

tbh i dont mind, i absolutely hated my job so when they were paying me to leave i took hand and all off them.

Only have 19 hours a week in college so hit the surf any day its there still. My first surfing winter is fast approaching though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

i'm sure you won't have many responsibilities - bills to pay would make you think otherwise

speaking for myself, if something goes wrong i don't have mom and dad at the country to get back to and live there for a while - it would mean either get back to portugal or find another job quickly before starving to death

• Registered Users Posts: 37 richy316

got giving a year off work because of recession so over in nicaragua now scoring great waves everyday and no wetsuit

Advertisement