Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees And Grants Mistake... OOPSS!!

Options
  • 16-09-2009 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Just last week my mom was wondering why we had recieved no word on the grant. To her surprise, the envelope ended up in the wrong department at the local authority. Now we don't live near our local authority, we posted it. The man on the phone said, well if your wondering about fees, and grants, that envelope should not be here. Let me just check.(2 mins later) Ohh I have just found the envelope, looks like it was dropped off at the wrong place. My mom had a fit, as anyone would, after all this is way past the deadline,( btw i only started college intro this week). She said, well, what has it been doing in the wrong place for the last few weeks? He just replied, I don't know. She then questioned whether or not this would have been sorted if she hadn't called that day. He said, your lucky, I guess not. So he then went on to explain how he would have to send it to the right department with regards to processing the grants. My mom said so how long will that take to send away? He said, oh, no its right here in this building, I will drop it down tomorrow.:eek: You can guess the reaction........
    What do any of you think? So all along it was in this guys pile and he never bothered to ''drop'' it down, saying it casually as if my college education didn't depend on it? So basically, my future education depended on whether or not I got the grant....... It will take weeks to process he said about 6. So I am just ment to go to college for the next 6 weeks? and then possibly find out, I have not got the grant? and of course I haven't got the money to pay for college, so that means I will have to drop out, and owe the college any fees that was ment to be paid by the grant? Also for the next whatever amount of weeks it takes to process, I am not an official student of my college, I am on provisional entrance, which means I don't get my student ID card, which means I cant avail of the services offered with that card. No use of library, gym, computers. How the hell do I get into class? some classrooms in the music building are locked with swipe scanners for the cards. So do I wait until someone passes by? This is just stupid, it is causing unecessary stress for me and my family..........

Advertisement