Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63 Caller ID issues problem with this model

Options
  • 16-09-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

The problem is that the LOOKUP in CONTACTS doesn't work.Phone receives caller id. The number shows when a call or text comes in. This seems to be a problem with this model, as my son also bought one and is having the same problem as well. This is not a problem with my account, as everything has been enabled that needs to be for this to work (called Vodafone to make sure).
    The best suggestion that Vodafone could give me was to make sure that my contacts were definitely saved on the sim card. I checked this and tested it out - and it doesn't solve the problem. This unacknowledged problem with this model is a pain in the @$$ as it is advertised as a good texters phone and I cant tell who the heck is texting me without scrolling down through over 100 contacts. Has anyone else solved this yet? Looks like Nokia need to come up with a software update.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Duplicate numbers? Have you put the sim into another phone and confirm the line id is activated correctly. Dont take vodafones word as gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

what firmware you using? (*#0000#)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ranbarse

I have the same issue, and my firmware is 501.21.001

I changed the SIM to another Nokia phone, different model and the caller ID works there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 migwelder

Have one of these and no problems with it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

We've a E71 and E51 and it happens when you've duplicate numbers in the phone somewhere. On the E51 it also seems happen when the phone gets low on resources. I expect the E63 is the same.

Personally I think the software is brutal on these phones its so buggy and disconnected. On the E71 O2 sold an old version of the phone, and never updated the firmware. So I had to switch it to a european code to get the latest firmware direct from Nokia. It was worth doing as it fixed some bugs and moved things around in the menu to less crazy locations.

Just spotted this is really old thread. What the....

• Advertisement
Advertisement