Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money to the United States

Options
  • 16-09-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I need to get almost €9k to my husband in the U.S. What is the most efficient way of doing this? AIB have told me it will take the bones of 7 working days.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The most efficient way is by wire transfer between your account and his. It generally takes 5 working days to get stateside, but AIB may also offer a 'same day' option (most banks do), which will cost you extra, but will have it in the states much faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mullen

good luck they cant find my wire tranfer money its now 10 days my 5k is lost.??that is IRELAND A I B BANK. FOR YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ele.c wrote: »
    I need to get almost €9k to my husband in the U.S. What is the most efficient way of doing this? AIB have told me it will take the bones of 7 working days.

Western Union in your local post office, efficient but expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Western Union in your local post office, efficient but expensive...

Avoid them like the plague.

Incredibely expensive.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

This thread is over 7 months old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement