Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUG A3 - JG or G&G

Options
  • 16-09-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey everyone,

I was going to get a JG AUG A3 off the shop in town last night, but they don't have any in stock, but will be there in 2-3 weeks. Damn I hoped to have one for this Sunday game. So I rang around and found that another crowd does G&G AUG A3. The JG one is 190 quid, where is G&G 330.
    A bit of price difference between same gun made by Chinese and Taiwanese guys.
    So what’s the story with such a price difference and is it worth going for G&G now than JG later?

Any comment, opinion and advice are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

G&G dont make an AUG A3.

There were rumours flying around earlier this year that they would be, but nothing has materialised yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hider

Thanks for reply Shiva, I thought the same. So i went to G&G website, and there is no mention of AUG A3. Yet it is in one of Dublins retailers.
    You recon its a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The retailers having a laugh mate, or there is actually 1 G&G AUG A3 and he has it?
    Go for the JG one, leaves you plenty of money for extra mags and for a nice new hop (Guarder Silicone one).

hider wrote: »
    Thanks for reply Shiva, I thought the same. So i went to G&G website, and there is no mention of AUG A3. Yet it is in one of Dublins retailers.
    You recon its a mistake?

Are you saying someone has an AUG A3, priced at €330 and marked as a G&G ?

Thats either a mistake, or fraud. If its one of the dedicated airsoft retailers, it has to be a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You recon its a mistake?

Who says they have it?

I remember one crowd advertising the JG "dragunov" as a TM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sure its not a CA priced at €330 and you got the wrong end of the stick. AUG A1s and A2s can be modded with RIS front end to look like A3s.

Well guys, it is one of the good retailers in Dublin. I bought a realy good M9A1 off them recently. So I thought to try them out as well. Over the phone you man said to me that they have G&G AUG A3, that cought me by surprise, so I asked him if thats JG, but he said it is not JG but G&G. I even enquired if G&G even do AUG A3, and he said yeah.
    You recon I sould give him another ring just to see, and maybe hope in to see the gun?
    On the idea of naming the place, I'm not sure thats a good idea. I'm almost sure that them guys are also on this forum, and they might want to shine the light here themselves.

Sure its not a CA priced at €330 and you got the wrong end of the stick. AUG A1s and A2s can be modded with RIS front end to look like A3s.

Yep, seen them animals, not the same thing thou..
    JG A3 has better internals, compared to JG A2 and A1. and few bits and bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Fair enough, can't imagine there is a g&g aug a3 if shiva doesnt think there is, he is the distributor for g&g in Ireland afaik.

On the idea of naming the place, I'm not sure thats a good idea. I'm almost sure that them guys are also on this forum, and they might want to shine the light here themselves.

Nah, dont name them.....its obviously just a mistake.

• Advertisement

As I said, will hope in there this weekend to see that gun. and let you know whats the story with it. unless someone shines the light beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Just to clear up, there was a bit of a mix up between myself and hider.

I misheard him and he misheard me. On the phone it sounded like he was asking for a JG M16A3 to which I answered we had G&G A3's.

Hider has since called in to the shop and the issue has been cleared up.

yep, went to the shop and spoke to sci-ops, my mistake, musta misheared him on the phone.
    but I didn't leave the shop empty handed, got miself a nice vest.

Cheers everyone for clearing this up.

Advertisement