Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help needed asap!!!

Options
  • 16-09-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Right the clutch cable on my car is just after going...I hope it was the cable anyway!

How do I know if its the cable, not the entire clutch? It wasn't slipping gears or acting up, felt a little loose yesterday and it went today, basicly can put my foot right to the floor and nothing...and about how much would I be expecting to pay if it is just the cable? Its an Integra Type R 98 UKDM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Theres no clutch cable in the Integras. Its hydraulic

Is there any fluid leaking underneath the clutch pedal?

Check the clutch reservoir and see if its low, if it is fill it up and see if it leaks.

If it does check around the bulk head for leaks and again in under the clutch pedal.

If its leaking around the bulk head its the master cylinder and if its leaking under the pedal its the slave cylinder.

If you cant find any leaks, bleed the system and retry
    2 man job really.
    One to sit in and pump the clutch pedal, just like you would with teh brakes.
    Other man to crack the bleed nipple at the slave cylinder (the one that acts on the fork going into the gearbox bellhousing) and keep an eye on the fluid.
    5 minute job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to hear it Graham :( Is the car at home or are you stranded somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Bryn wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it Graham :( Is the car at home or are you stranded somewhere?
    Stuck at work, Quinn on their way to get it to a Mechanic...I just paniced!

If I was at home i'd try sort it myself...but i aint!

Did the clutch completely go? As in was there absolutely no bite in it at all or did the biting point just drop to a point where it was extremely hard to get in gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Was there any vibration in the clutch previously ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Yesterday it felt like the clutch wouldn't completely engage, I had to press really hard like.

Then just at lunch time it went completely limp...?!

Wasn't shaking or slipping. Just got very loose then today it went altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Yesterday it felt like the clutch wouldn't completely engage, I had to press really hard like.

I'd say the clutch is more than likely gone.

Grahamo999 wrote: »

Its either the seals in one of the cylinders or a piece has come off the friction plate, there two common problems with the clutch.

The seals can be replaced but a new cylinder is recommended especially if its the master one, you can get them for about €175 if I remember correctly and are easy enough to replace.

If a piece has broken off the friction plate then I think you need a new clutch. The cheapest I've seen the clutch kit is €290

Advertisement