Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating a year

Options
  • 16-09-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi

I attempted my fourth year a few years ago but failed a few subjects. At the time I managed to get a good contract job so I decided to just take the three year degree and work. It was all going great for about two years but then the economy goes into recession, so I decided to go back to college.

I never had to repeat a year before so I'm not sure what the procedure is. I filled out the Repeat Tuition Form and handed it into the office. They said they will arrange an appointment for me with the Head of Department as to whether or not he approves and then I can hand the form back into the Registrar office.

What I'd like to know is, is it after the Head of Department has approved the application that a student is allowed to return and attend lectures and classes?

Has anyone ever been this situation before and could please tell me what the procedure is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You are much better off ringing the college to find out. You could be waiting a while if you are waiting for them to contact you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 WizardJim

Well I only just handed in the form yesterday. Also the repeat results were only out last Friday, so other students who found out that they need to repeat any modules are in similar situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

WizardJim wrote: »
    Well I only just handed in the form yesterday. Also the repeat results were only out last Friday, so other students who found out that they need to repeat any modules are in similar situations.

I was in college this morning talking to the head of the school of science and computing, and I could tell he was up to his eyes. Ring them tomorrow if you want to get an answer off them, because lectures have already started, and the longer you leave it, the more you will miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 WizardJim

It actually is the Head of Science and Computing whom I need to sign the form. I know the lectures have already started but the problem I don't know as to whether or not I'm allowed to attend them as I haven't been officially approved as a fourth year student for 2009/2010.

The form says you need the head of your departments signature and then send it back to the Registrars office to receive the forms for registration payment.

Advertisement