Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3's Champions League Coverage

Options
  • 16-09-2009 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

ok not near as advanced or good as RTE's but it wasnt bad. i quite like keown as a pundit. not annoying and seems a decent bloke IMO.

BUT what the hell was with cascarino's voice last night ???? thought he had a cold at first but did he have something done to it or what ? was weird, like listening to a different cascarino.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

TV3 = Utter Sh¦t
    Matt Cooper = Useless
    Casscarano = Sorry Who ? Some bloke with a banana up his nostril?
    Keown = Good lad.

All in all a heap of dung. Like we have come to expect of TV3. Not surprising is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Not mad on TV3's panels. They never get anybody really interesting on their panels. Having said that, any comparison between TV3 and RTE should be prefaced with the fact that WE pay for RTE and TV3 is a private enterprise which we do not have to subsidise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Thought it was a fair enough attempt, and whatever you think of Matt Cooper, he is better than good old wooden Mr Bonner they had in previous years. Keown is a decent pundit, Cas is only there for his "irish" connections. (thought his haircut was a fitting tribute to the Beatles re-releasing all their albums too)

Trevor Welch is a bit of a drag when he is commentating, but usually Mark Lawrenson is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

TV3=MUTV when it comes to the Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

Not mad on TV3's panels. They never get anybody really interesting on their panels. Having said that, any comparison between TV3 and RTE should be prefaced with the fact that WE pay for RTE and TV3 is a private enterprise which we do not have to subsidise.

TV3 make money. They have no excuse for the crap they broadcast. Their soccer coverage is nothing more than a free ticket for Trevor Welch to watch his beloved Manchester United in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Ed_ wrote: »
    TV3 make money. They have no excuse for the crap they broadcast. Their soccer coverage is nothing more than a free ticket for Trevor Welch to watch his beloved Manchester United in Europe.

Yes, but TV3 wont have you Jailed if you refuse to pay to watch there crap.

I thought it was good coverage for a company with a lot less spending power than RTE. How ever i dont think they can compet with Dumphy and Co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

Yes, but TV3 wont have you Jailed if you refuse to pay to watch there crap.

I fail to see what that has to do with this thread.

Has this thread turned into a television license debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Their commentating is beyong brutal. The combo of Welch & Lawrenson has me cringing, thank god RTE have Utd's next match. The guy who was commentating on the Chelsea game was embarrassing. The studio panel on the other hand was repectable enough, cheap dodgy set design aside. It's not a patch on RTE but they have had decades to hone their skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Matt Cooper finishes The Last Word at 7 and then presents on TV3 at 7.30?

How is that? Is the last hour of The Last Word recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Martin Keown is useless. Every time I've seen him make a prediction on Football Focus he's got it wrong, most recently when he predicted NI hadn't a hope in a game which they subsequently won.

I tend to avoid TV3 altogether. It tries to be slick but it doesn't have the personnel to carry it off. Cascarino is poor and they tend to get rubbish people on. I remember McAteer being a regular at one stage.

It's a shame ITV aren't doing Tuesday nights any more as they were a decent alternative.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The commentator for the Chelsea game was absolutely woeful.

Overall I thought the coverage was pretty dire, Cascarino being the main culprit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

ateam wrote: »
    Matt Cooper finishes The Last Word at 7 and then presents on TV3 at 7.30?

How is that? Is the last hour of The Last Word recorded?

I'm sure he can make him way from Princes Street ot Ballymount in a half-hour?

Advertisement