Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHITE INK

Options
  • 16-09-2009 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi all,

Why are tatts of white ink SO difficult to find online?
    Why are they so rare?
    They even seem unheard of in all the major sites.
    I searched hours and hours to see some and only found three.

Also, if anyone can put me straight
    - I read that they have to be done with a black/grey outline,
    which is then done over with the white ink and sometimes the process doesnt work as the two can mix and create the opposite effect
    - ie; not white.

Is this true???
    :confused:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

heya,

nice big thread on white tattoos a while back located below:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055634944

yes off colouring is possible but experienced artists do make a difference, ie, a metal gun holding the needle can cause the ink to become discoloured due to the metals rubbing off each other (duno how much of that is true). Mine have healed up perfectly without discolour and i have every intention of getting more done.

Also i think they are rare due to the misunderstanding that white is UV. Its not, it doesnt glow and (i could be very wrong but i dont see how) it doesnt have the carcenogenic chemicals contained in UV ink (not sure on the facts on this but i have heard it). It isnt as unusual as you think, just tends to be more subtle and not as easy to spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Haha, a glowing tattoo - now that would be mental looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

http://www.eviltattoo.com/whitetat1.html

try this havent looked at it fully cos no right interest in white tatts but found it while lookin for other stuff and thought of this thread hope it helps u some....:D

Advertisement