Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working on the Continent

Options
  • 16-09-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question guys.

I am very interested in archaeology and getting into archaeology as a career. Has anyone worked on the continent in Italy/Greece etc ?

Is there work there ? My interest in mostly roman/greek history.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Maybe contact British School at Athens.

They have run field-schools in the past on Milos for example :)

You'll get room and board usually for these sorts of things. A lot of other field-schools ask you to pay to attend to cover their costs, so do have a good search around Google before you commit to any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 gravensteen

I've worked in Greece (volunteer dig). The volunteer work is dominated by Americans (apparently this is the case in Southern Italy and the Near East too), and they do things a little differently. The dig was fun, but I thought that the previous work (i.e. the pre-Irish work on the site) was more concerned with fulfilling the prehistoric agenda of the american museum that funded the project.

Advertisement