Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of registering a car in the Isle of Man

Options
  • 15-09-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,
    Good evening. I am currently living in Ireland. I drive a Turbo Startlet 1.3. I am moving to the Isle of Man and I just cant part with the dam thing!. I couldnt drive anything else. Does anybody know how much does it would cost to register a car in the Isle of man, and would I be subject to any other hidden costs??,

I think VRT tax is only payable in bringing a car into Ireland, but I maybe wrong?,

Thanks in advance,
    Senor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's £9 for a standard number, or £67 for a cherished number, but you need to get an Isle of Man driving license within 3 months of moving there. you also need to get it tested before registration if it's not a UK car with a UK MOT.
    You don't need type approval as the car is over 10 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 senormatty

Really?
    Thats cool. Do you know of the process or anywhere online I can get more info?,

Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Form available HERE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 senormatty

Sound man.
    I have the car tested until 2011 here in Ireland, some bummer I have to have it tested in UK again.

I know they will find something that is going to cost me more €€€€€!!

Thanks again!

Advertisement