Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nursing question

Options
  • 15-09-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hi, my sister is currently trying to get a job in a private nursing home as a newly qualified staff nurse. does anyone know if the pay scale is similar or the same as the INO public sector pay scale which says roughly €31,900 a year. been trying for a while to get any idea of pay in the private sector with out any luck. would really love to know what to expect. thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm very much open to correction about this but, unless there is a sectoral pay agreement with the INO or another Union I wouldn't expect there to be a standardised pay scales for nursing staff in private nursing homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Private employers are obliged to pay the going rates. There may be slight differences in additional allowances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It looks like I stand corrected.

Advertisement