Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cover or remove any ideas

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i got this tattoo long story but now really dislike it i know its big have i any options like to change it or alter it or add to it any advice or ideas wud be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 murdoc75

any artists have any ideas like shading or sumthing just to blend it in or any ideas more than welcome:eek:

not lookin good 80 sumthing views and no ideas i must be fooked:eek: any suggestions at all

• Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A large dark area isn't going to covered up with anything other than another dark area

What are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

Not an artist, but I've got tattoos. One which I grew to dislike. It was big and ugly. Too big and dark to get anything done with it. But I've lived with it long enough now, well used to it, its part of me and I remember why I got it.

Maybe in time you might like it again? You did say any suggestions... :)

thanks guys i dont know what i have in mind i thought maybe shade around it take the exact focus off it a little thanks for the input guys:D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Was it originally covering something else up? Have a chat to an artist and see can they maybe do some white shading over the black parts to tone them down a bit, although it might not be that noticeable. They might be able to give some other suggestions as to what might improve it.

thanks toots can anyone recommend a studio or artist in south east like carlow kilkenny laois kildare im not goin back to where i got it done bad times, what i wanted and artist said he was doin were 2 different things learn the hard way,

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sayseeboots

hey, don't know is this helpful but my boyfriend began the process of removal on 8 arm tattoos a couple of years ago in metal morphosis in dublin, there was a girl working there for a franchise called tattoo erase,she left after the first two sessions (8 months apart) so we found another person who does this in southampton, however he began this about 3 years ago and there is still alot to be done.i'm not 100% sure what they do but basically it looks like they tattoo skin-coloured ink in tiny circles into the layer below where the tattoo ink is and pushes the tattoo ink to the surface of the skin.this leads to blisters which scab and fall off taking the colour with it after a few weeks. they can only work for an hour at the time and you need approx 6-8 months for the scar tissue to heal between sessions. its also expensive about £300stg for the hour,also ya cannt get the area wet even excessive sweating for a couple of days after the treatment. just google tattooerase an it will explain it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jordank

i would go for a half sleve with some celtic style shading

Advertisement