Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimmer switch?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:12pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a pair of dimmer switches in my living room (push to turn on/off, turn to adjust brightness type) controlling two pairs of spot lights.

The problem is that they seem to be very finicky (trademark technical term). When I switch them on, it usually takes about 30 seconds before they come on and sometimes they don't come on at all and I need to turn them on and off a few times and adjust up and down before they come on.

Is this normal?

Would this be a major job to fix?

In advance, thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

just buy a new dimmer easy swap over really. just match what you take out to its equivelant position on the new one. try get the same make and would be easy. should be written on inside if switch somewhere if u unscrew it

Advertisement