Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music marking schemes

Options
  • 15-09-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey there,
    I'm in 6th year and doing music in school. We're behind big time in school so I'm working ahead myself as I've been playing music since I was 3 and have a general idea of what the course is about. I was doing some papers today and went to correct them on examinations.ie but the marking schemes for particularly the aural question which is question 6 don't give the answers. They just say
    Style:
    Any correct description of style as heard in the excerpt. etc. etc!

Just wondering does anyone know any sites where I could get some actual answers?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I was annoyed by that as well, so I started handing my exam questions up to my teacher to correct them for me. I don't know if there's any sites that would have more specific answers than the marking scheme, but to me it seems fairly unlikely.

An aside: Quite often, one of the Q6 pieces will be of the same style as one of the set works. For example, with the set B works, it's quite likely that a Classical or Romantic piece will come up. If, for example, Romantic, this will have the same features as Symphonie Fantastique, so learn a few of those off (rich instrumentation, etc - there's a big list, pick 4 or 5 I suppose) and you should be set. Also worth learning some general features of 20th Century music (ie Seachanges) as this also came up one year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

Thanks a mill for those tips, I'll be sure to know some of those features :)......dunno about giving it up to my teacher :S she'd probably eat my head off saying I'm not capable of working ahead myself:mad: oh well!!

Advertisement