Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone driving an 09 diesel Accord ?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭

I just happened to be near a Honda dealer today,with a few mins to kill.

I was looking at an Accord diesel exec.I was very impressed by the spec of it,seemed to have all the toys as standard.

It looks pretty good and seems well built,the cabin seems comfortable.
    I did notice though that I seemed to be looking at a million buttons and switches from the drivers seat,there must be a dozen or more on the steering wheel :pac:

Just wondering what they're like to drive in the real world ?(ie comfort handling etc)
    Hadn't time to take a spin although they offered.

Seems to be good value around 40K,to get a similar spec. in a 320D would be closer to 60

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

I'm not sure about the 2009 one's but i was in a 2005 one the other day and it had great handeling. Also really well speced, and quality build.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've only been in one briefly, buy it's pretty logically laid out, the audio controls are all on the top left, the buttons are shaped in such a way that they feel different to each other. the cruise control is on the opposide side, and again is intuitive. These are the ones that are within easy reach of your thumbs during normal driving.

There are also the buttons on the bottom half of the wheel for the telephone, satnav and trip computer, these are out of the way and aren't likely to be used as much as the top ones.

The Toyota Prius has buttons for phone, audio, climate control, heated windows, and voice activation, but they're all logically placed so it isn't an issue. I got to know what was what without having to look after a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

They haven't been a great success I don't think. Honda just about got away with charging a premium on the last one but on the current model they hiked up the price a bit too far. I was behind one in traffic today and they are a nice car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd have one over most similarly priced cars in that class. Honda are top quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

VolvoMan wrote: »
    They haven't been a great success I don't think. Honda just about got away with charging a premium on the last one but on the current model they hiked up the price a bit too far.
    Accord starts at 32,500, the A4 at 35,500 and the 3-series at 38,500... I think that price is ok.

I have seen a fair few around but Honda, like all car makers, are having a tough time of it at the moment, especially in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

JHMEG wrote: »
    Accord starts at 32,500, the A4 at 35,500 and the 3-series at 38,500... I think that price is ok.

Try explaining that to a badge snob.;)

Advertisement