Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting gear

Options
  • 15-09-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I'm organising a trip to the Birr region from Dublin for myself, my father and my three groomesmen as a pre-wedding, post stag thanks... However, other than my dad we have no gear.

Can you rent gear? If so, from where? And what kind of prices would you be talking about? If renting isn't a possiblity then is there somewhere with very affordable rods in Dublin? It's a casual trip so we don't need anything serious and since the wedding is in the US we're trying to keep costs down. We'll be walking the rivers around Birr, as my dad grew up there.

Any other suggestions welcome... What kind of rods to get, what kind of tackle etc... Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Phone your local tackle shop and explain your predicament to them, they might be able to sort you out with second hand gear thats cheap enough

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

dont know of anyone who rents out tackle, at least on a commercial basis, although some of the tackle shops might help but i would have my doubts they are set up to sell, (i would imagine renting out fishing equipment commercially would be a nightmare, stuff getting abused, damaged, missing etc) try looking for second hand gear, also sometimes shops like lidl and aldi sell new cheap stuff, look at the argos catelogue they have cheaper end beginner stuff that may well suffice for your short term needs.

Advertisement