Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Finance?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 5:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24

I started work recently but I need a car because its too far out and I get a lift there so i'm 40 minutes early. Since I had no money going into my bank account and im only 18 is there anywhere else I can go to get a car loan? Thanks Everyone
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

From what I hear from friends in the motor trade the car finance companies have shut up shop. I heard of 10% to 30% deposits being asked for and people with average incomes being flately refused. I reckon your local credit union might be the best option if you are a member

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 brenner17

furtzy wrote: »
    From what I hear from friends in the motor trade the car finance companies have shut up shop. I heard of 10% to 30% deposits being asked for and people with average incomes being flately refused. I reckon your local credit union might be the best option if you are a member

I'm not a member but how much money can you get out on a first loan? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

brenner17 wrote: »
    I'm not a member but how much money can you get out on a first loan? Thanks

Credit union usually used to work on the basis of that you needed a €500 savings for €5000 loan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

Credit union usually used to work on the basis of that you needed a €500 savings for €5000 loan...

I think now they roughly give out double your shares on a first loan and 3 times after that. Although I can see them giving out more if you have proof of a steady income

alright thanks a lot for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The best option might be to buy a cheap car for around €1500 to €2k, borrow the money from your parents and pay them back on a weekly/monthly basis.

Even banks/credit unions at the best of times required you to be working for a certain length of time in your current job before they would lend to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

AIB are open for hire purchase, got my car through them in April, tbh I thought they weren't open for business from what I heard in the media but the dealer set it up, no problem.

Good luck.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The best option might be to buy a cheap car for around €1500 to €2k, borrow the money from your parents and pay them back on a weekly/monthly basis.

Even banks/credit unions at the best of times required you to be working for a certain length of time in your current job before they would lend to you.

Yeah I applied with AIB and they said u gotta be workin for at least 3 months before u can apply

bladespin wrote: »
    AIB are open for hire purchase, got my car through them in April, tbh I thought they weren't open for business from what I heard in the media but the dealer set it up, no problem.

Good luck.

Thnks Bladespin I might try em in 2 - 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Anyone get approved or shot for even asking :D recently?

AiB seem to be open for business,Carfinance.ie is dormant.

I don`t have a Credit Union account.

I hope to be in the market for a loan soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement