Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

toyota corolla g6r

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Funny thing, I saw that exact car gettin the hole rallied out of it down the Naas road about an hour ago. ;)

Decent car, but i think that one is overpriced at that mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tread carefully, no land line, there are a lot of car sales yards that change names by the month. they all seem to be concentrated into the area between the longmile road and the red cow.

Point being, if you're gonna pay over the odds for a car, you'd want some sort of excellent backup service or something to justifty the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

G6R is just a regular 100-odd bhp 1.6 with a six speed gearbox, no?

JHMEG wrote: »
    G6R is just a regular 100-odd bhp 1.6 with a six speed gearbox, no?

109bhp from what I remember, o-60 in a shade under 10 seconds. The UK ones got electric windows, mirrors and sunroof, alloys, ABS, CD changer, strut brace, special front bumper, rear disc brakes and factory alarm AFAIK.

there was also a 1.3 G6 model with 85bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Isn't that way too expensive, or do these cars have some sort of following that drives the price up?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Isn't that way too expensive, or do these cars have some sort of following that drives the price up?
    Unless the insurance is cheap, I'd be looking at what Honda and Mitsubishi can do with a 1.6 hatchback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Unless the insurance is cheap, I'd be looking at what Honda and Mitsubishi can do with a 1.6 hatchback.

I can understand it either, look at the price of them!! They look just like a normal hatchback corrolla and 0-60 in 10secs and no potential for performance modding :rolleyes:

2k would get you this.

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200926194445216

I hope you're being funny and you know that:

The 1.8 Almera only has 6bhp more than the Corolla
    It's 1 second slower to 60mph
    It doesn't drive nearly as well
    It's generally nasty

That's before you get into the fact that there are so many better 1.8 cars out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Be careful if it was imported from England which I assume it was at one stage probably. Brother bought a UK imported corolla 1.3 G6 some years back and it turned out the underside had some fair amount of rust on it. Think it is due to the fact that they are very eager to salt the roads in England if there is even a slight touch of frost. Cars coming from in or around the greater London area may be particularly badly affected I thinjk. In the end his one was going through clutches like wildfire for some reason before he got rid of it. I wouldn't rate the 1.3 version he had particulary high and fail to see why it was worth such a premium over the 5 speed version. What difference there was in acceleration between it and my old 1.3 1995 corolla seemed marginal if at all noticeable on the road in real terms. As for the G6R version I can't comment there in that regard. I would certainly be inclined to check insurance before buying depending on your age and circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's crazy money for a 10 year Corolla.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    I can understand it either, look at the price of them!! They look just like a normal hatchback corrolla and 0-60 in 10secs and no potential for performance modding :rolleyes:

2k would get you this.

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200926194445216

I'll just take it that it's been a long day in the office for you, and you mistakenly put that link up. :eek:

Advertisement