Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

flies on exterior of car

Options
  • 15-09-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭

hope this is the right forum

but does anyone else have problems with flies on their car

just gave it the car a big wash yesterday and the bastards are still flocking towards my car

I dont think it has anything to do with heat because I wouldn't be driving it that day but there still there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

What do you drive? What colour is it? Maybe the flies think its a big sh1t?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What wax do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Magnus wrote: »
    What wax do you use?

I use no wax mate and the colour is gold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I've had similar problems when I wash mine. I have a suspision that the flies think the car is water which is why they are attracted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Have the same problem. Gave the car a good wash and polish and went out the next morning and saw loads of dead flies on the car. They must have got stuck to the polish or something. I thing the cleaner it is the more they come to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I think they're attracted to the car's lights at night but I'm not sure about during the day. I use some W5 Insect remover from Lidl to take them off when washing the car, surprisingly good stuff for the price.
    Wasn't there a survey done in England I think where they put some sticky things on the plates of the car to see how many and what flies were being killed the most.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I Find this very Good for removing Bugs! my car was covered in them Driving to Sligo during the summer!

281065_300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

One of these is good too:

flamethrower.jpg

Gets the tar off aswell..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

bazz26 wrote: »
    One of these is good too:

Gets the tar off aswell..
    I presume you'd have to remove all fuel from the car before doing that :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

He drives, flies die!