Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone extension cabling problem.

Options
  • 15-09-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, I have the task of extending my girlfriends telephone cable from the front door of the block of apartments she lives in (old house), back to the converted garage she rents. The Eircom engineer would only set up the connection to within a metre inside the building. Now I bought the 4 core wiring and have led the cable out to her apartment. The problem I'm having is getting the connections right at either end. I am using the 2 central wires to join to the wires the Eircom technician said to but its not working. Do I need to strip back the wires in both sides (the eircom plug & my extension cable)? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Has the Eircom Eng installed a wall socket. If so you can krimp one end of the cable to an rj11 socket with the blue/blue white as the center pair. If you want you can krimp the other end the same and connect directly to a phone. Not the best fix but will work. you could also termiate one end of the cable using the center pair to a wall socket.

As I was saying this isn't the best solution. Is there a krone box inside the door. Its bascially a box where all eircom lines come into the building. If so you should punch the blue/blue white pair down onto the incoming line. Then run the cable to where you want and install a wall socket.

Hope makes sence

Advertisement