Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best route Dublin => Tralee?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That would be the most straightforward alright

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just note that there are road works on the Nenagh to Limerick bypass stretch of the N7. They are upgrading it to motor way. Also while you bypass Limerick City via the Southern Ring Road there are also heavy delays where the M7 meets the M20/N21 due to road works where they are a new interchange for the Shannon Tunnel. Motorway is down to one lane at these sections and traffic is pretty gridlocked at morning and evening rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

If it were me going up atm I'd go Dub Cork and just go thru Mallow > Killarney Road > Tralee. No massive diff in time with all roadworks on the other road!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Signpost wrote: »
    If it were me going up atm I'd go Dub Cork and just go thru Mallow > Killarney Road > Tralee. No massive diff in time with all roadworks on the other road!

Its also Motorway all the way to Portlaoise. From there, its N7 road to Limerick, or N8 road to Cullahill and then M8 motorway again to Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Its also Motorway all the way to Portlaoise. From there, its N7 road to Limerick, or N8 road to Cullahill and then M8 motorway again to Mallow.

Motorway to Mallow - I wish. Should read "motorway to Mitchelstown",

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

The Michelstown / Mallow road is horrendous - I have to take it quite often. Personally I'd avoid it and go your original route.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

Meh, I wouldn't Im pretty certain the Limerick route is quickest, it just takes forever get through Kerry if you go the Cork route!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Gonna go original route as I could do with stopping off at Dromineer. Thanks for the opinions folks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

N21 between Limerick and Tralee is not the best of roads with some narrow stretches but from a driver's perspective the twists and bends are enjoyable.

There is also a nice parking area on the side of the mountain with a breath taking view of Kerry just past Newcastle West and before Castleisland if the OP wants to take a break from driving. Well worth the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

bazz - yeah I love that view and normally stop for a quick look when passing.

I ended up taking the route I posted above, no problems at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement