Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first night in IT Tallaght

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:20am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So.. I started a course last night... Was getting picked over to the Luas. Luas tram was at the station with 2 "Adam and Paul" characters on it. One guy was a cripple with a gimpy leg.
    The Luas driver gets out of his cab and kicks them off.

They 2 lads tried to "rob" 2 euro off a young guy who was buying his ticket...

Adam and Paul: Give me your money
    Guy: no
    Adam and Paul: give it to me
    Guy: f**k off
    A & P: Ah here we'll give you this bag of cans if you give us 2 euro..
    Anyway that went on for another minute or so before the young chap told them to f**k off.

So I'm standing across the road in a suit with a laptop bag. The gimpy guy pointing across to me with his crutch saying "here look at yer man with the suit, he's got a laptop bag come on.." So took them a minute or so to get over to me.

A & P: whats in your laptop bag?
    Me: What do you think is in my laptop bag?
    A & P: Don't be getting smart with me
    Me: There's a laptop in my laptop bag, what else would i use a laptop bag for?
    A & P: Give us the laptop
    Me: no
    A & P: Give us the laptop or we'll take it
    Me: F**k off!
    A & P: don't be getting brave or we'll kill ya
    Me: you couldn't get 2 euro of a child over there, do you really think you're going to get my laptop off me?
    A & P: Here we've went about this the wrong way, lets do a deal. You give me your laptop we'll give you a bag of cans
    Me: Look just f**k off you two wasters

Anyway it was a pretty funny end to my first evening in Tallaght IT, back tonight for some more punishment :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What cans where they?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,471 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What cans where they?

They were trying to give some cans to a young fella for 2 euro.....
    Not the sharpest tools in the box.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I never actually seen some cans, just a lidl type bag that seem weighed down, could have been rocks for all i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

tallaghts junkies god i love the entertaiment they give out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

They sound badly trained!
    I don't know of any other knackers who'd offer to give you something back in exchange for taking your stuff ... or ones who'd even ASK - The good ones just attack, grab and run!
    Not that I'd know or anything ... *cough*

Hope you're enjoying the course itself!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Haha your kidding me. Thats mad. Nothing like that's happened to me yet, and I'd probably laugh if it did. =P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hope you're enjoying the course itself!

:D

Indeed I am :)

Is the library open weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

It sure is my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's only open till 1 on a Saturday isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

It's only open till 1 on a Saturday isn't it?

4, I think? Unless it's been changed.

Closer to study time, it's open later!

I'm always in there, geeking it up! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

So.. I started a course last night... Was getting picked over to the Luas. Luas tram was at the station with 2 "Adam and Paul" characters on it. One guy was a cripple with a gimpy leg.
    The Luas driver gets out of his cab and kicks them off.

They 2 lads tried to "rob" 2 euro off a young guy who was buying his ticket...

Adam and Paul: Give me your money
    Guy: no
    Adam and Paul: give it to me
    Guy: f**k off
    A & P: Ah here we'll give you this bag of cans if you give us 2 euro..
    Anyway that went on for another minute or so before the young chap told them to f**k off.

So I'm standing across the road in a suit with a laptop bag. The gimpy guy pointing across to me with his crutch saying "here look at yer man with the suit, he's got a laptop bag come on.." So took them a minute or so to get over to me.

A & P: whats in your laptop bag?
    Me: What do you think is in my laptop bag?
    A & P: Don't be getting smart with me
    Me: There's a laptop in my laptop bag, what else would i use a laptop bag for?
    A & P: Give us the laptop
    Me: no
    A & P: Give us the laptop or we'll take it
    Me: F**k off!
    A & P: don't be getting brave or we'll kill ya
    Me: you couldn't get 2 euro of a child over there, do you really think you're going to get my laptop off me?
    A & P: Here we've went about this the wrong way, lets do a deal. You give me your laptop we'll give you a bag of cans
    Me: Look just f**k off you two wasters

Anyway it was a pretty funny end to my first evening in Tallaght IT, back tonight for some more punishment :)

HA ha, thats a cacker
    Great introduction to tallaght. mind you, its not a regular thing you dont see many smack heads during the day around tallaght. although seeing as you are doing evenings it might just be an idea to add a little weight to the laptop bag,
    for two reasons:
    first you could always use it to inflict some pain just think of it as swatting a bug.
    second let them take it and just walk a hundred yards or so in the direction they run after grabbing it and you will most likely find them and the bag on the ground in a heap due to the weight :pac:
    Trust me i've lived here all my life i know what i am talking about.

4, I think? Unless it's been changed.

Closer to study time, it's open later!

I'm always in there, geeking it up! :(

Ha ha nerd :)

In saying that, as I'm working i'll be spending time there too!

Advertisement