Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enniscrone

Options
  • 15-09-2009 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all!

Just looking for a bit of info about enniscrone as am heading up there this weekend for a wedding but am hoping to get some surfing in.

Where's the best spot to head out there? I've been out before in front of the life guard hut but found it swelly and messy even though swell etc was looking good for that day! Is it better to head further up the beach?

Any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

at low tide, looking out to sea, to the right of the lifegaurd hut there is a peak that breaks all the way to the river, it can be really good. As you move down the beach there is another bank that usually produces a bigger wave. I'd surf there if the size of the swell is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭trasver

Nice one that's great thanks! If I remember rightly it was close to high tide when I surfed it before which obviously isn't ideal..thanks again!

yeah at high tide id move down the beach a bit, just cross the river and maybe a 100m down there is usually a peak that produces a left and a right. Conditons right now are looking good for the weekend, fingers crossed she holds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

can you rent out a board up there?

two companies (maybe more) do lessons out of enniscrone and i think you can rent boards off them, they are usually just foam boards. Give Ger Byrne a ring, can't remember the name of his company but the number is 071-9166745 or Shane in NW surf school on 0879595556. They should be able to sort you out or at least point you in the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I always borrow gear form the van of 7th Wave Surf school, they are parked next to the Life Guard tower. Blue van. Don't have the number now, but you could google them.

Funny thing is that I haven't found any nasty currents there. And I saw dolphins there :-)

I am getting excited, because it is my THE favourite place from the whole Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

Doonbeg and fanore are far better surfing beaches in my opinion

enniscrone is well sweet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

7th Wave Surf school is Ger Byrne. 071-9166745

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

theres some surf festival on in enniscrone this weekend im going to it but know nothing about surfing :) ...

just letting yous know!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

was there yesterday luchtime nice surf great way to spend the lunch hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement