Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint peel after re- spray.

Options
  • 14-09-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

How do all. Would love a bit of advice from anybody out there in the panel- beating/ bodyshop game. Had work done on car last year (about 14 months ago), including new bumper, which was fully painted. Had car washed bout 10 days ago, and it looks as though there are two sections where the paint has started to lift. Now I know it could probably be due to the lads washing it being slightly heavy handed with the steam- cleaner, but my question is should I expect the bodyshop to blow in/ re- spray the bumper? I mean, is 14 months a reasonable time- frame for this to have started happening?

Any advice/ opinions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

It's a nissan isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It depends what type of warranty, if any, you got with the work. You'll have to speak to the garage, although if you tell them the paint came off at the hands of the people who washed it, they might not be so willing to fix it, gratis.
    You should have said something to the guys washing the car, they caused the damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

afaik the jetwash attendants are covered by the same systems as the machine wash
    owners use at there own risk and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

To answer all of the above:

1. She's a Skoda, not a Nissan.

2. Was given a two year warranty.

3. Yes, they definately are covered by used at owners risk clause.

And finslly, and more importantly, I've got it sorted. Brought it out to the lads who did the repair job, and he was horrified that it had started to lift. I did say to him about the power wash, and said it didn't matter. He'd done the job, and totally stand over it. He said possible cause was a stone chip, and thw water getting under the paint. But doesn't matter, cos he's gonna repair it.

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Good news Chuck!

Who was the company? They deserve a plug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

A.J.K. Motors, Golf Links Road, Lusk. They Had come highly recommended by quite a few people. They aint cheap, but their work is extremely good.

Advertisement