Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subject choice

Options
  • 14-09-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

i have chosen

applied maths
    geography
    chemistry
    physics

as my subject choices. are they difficult ? also i dunno if i wanna do higher or pass irish? is there alot of work 2 do 2 b able 2 do higher ? ( i got a b HL in JC). i also intend in doing honours maths

thnx

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

i have chosen

applied maths
    geography
    chemistry
    physics

as my subject choices. are they difficult ? also i dunno if i wanna do higher or pass irish? is there alot of work 2 do 2 b able 2 do higher ? ( i got a b HL in JC). i also intend in doing honours maths

thnx
    Conor, before someone else says it, less of the txtspit please, it really doesn't go down well around this site. :)

Whether subjects are hard or easy depends a lot on whether you have for example a "science" type mind if you're looking at a heavy science load / whether you have a genuine interest in them / etc.

I would say the grouping above involve a fair bit of work ... but if you enjoy them and have a flair for science in general and enjoy it, you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

A lot of courses require a foreign language. Make sure you are happy to eliminate these degrees from your CAO choices before you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

cool thanks for the replys. i wasnt expecting them this quickly( notice the non text speak this time sorry) i forgot to mention that i did french also but not as a choice , we have to do it in my school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I would say chemistry is the most difficult there but if you have a genuine interest it's a massive help.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

is applied maths meant to be hard ? i heard if you do honours maths and physics, its just a crossover between the two? it also looks fairly short course compared with others

• Advertisement
Advertisement